Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Live Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see any reason to know what's happening beyond your driving range, other that just curiosity. By the time you might get there the spots would have turned over several times.

That's one of the challenges - and the reason that this is just the first step. In the longer term, I expect Tesla to be projecting future occupancy based on Nav routings and historical data and actively working to deconflict routes that are overloaded, either by switching cars to different interlocking chains or by adjusting planned charge times to separate crowds - just like the traffic based Navigation rerouting.

oh yeah.....my traveling stress level just went WAY down....

For the sake of conversation, I'm not sure if this really helps my stress level: If I'm making a road trip, I'm making a road trip... now I can find out that I'll be stuck waiting before I arrive at the supercharger and then may be pleasantly surprised... the opposite is also true

Kinda curious wether it shows up on 7.1, actually. It seems like it is part of the packaged Nav data handed down to the car, so it might show up for all software versions. (Or it might not.)
How would one know?
I have a Classic S and it's not showing anything on mine. (Ok, yes, I ran out to the car to see if it worked; first time I've done that in YEARS!)

I don't see any reason to know what's happening beyond your driving range
I agree. Stall availability can change rapidly and is not predictable, so giving people information about Superchargers that they won't be able to arrive at for many hours is not useful and can lead people to make unwarranted assumptions.

I realize that when I say "not predictable" that can be disputed, since in theory Tesla has access to the navigation routes being used in cars and could use that information to estimate when cars will arrive at a Supercharger location and how long they will be there. The problem is that would only be an estimate and there are many variables that could make the estimate just a vague approximation. If Tesla provided that information in some anonymized form some people might rely on it too heavily and then complain when things didn't turn out the way that Tesla estimated they would.

This has been discussed in multiple other threads in the past. I can only reiterate that this new feature we are discussing is simply a first step and over time I expect it to become even more useful.

I continue to be pleased that my "classic" S continues to significantly improve over 3 years after I bought it!

Reactions: Jack007
How would one know?
I have a Classic S and it's not showing anything on mine. (Ok, yes, I ran out to the car to see if it worked; first time I've done that in YEARS!)
I've got a 2013 loaner today (with firmware 17.4.14) without AP. It's showing live Supercharger status of stations over 300 miles away (400 by road). Some older stations, such as Silverthorne, or those on I-70 in western Kansas aren't showing any status but I can see statuses in Colorado, Nebraska, New Mexico, Wyoming and Utah.

Last edited:
This helps me a ton when traveling Eastbound. Prior to departure I can take my preferred route 166 E to Laval supercharger, or if that is busy, I would take 58E to Buttonwillow supercharger. It makes my decision for me and could save an additional wait while not charging.
And while you are doing that, I'm going to direct my car to the other one -- since you and all of your buddies are going to the 'apparently empty' one. ... Oh crap! who am I kidding? The really smart ones will do like I do ... and I'm going to be in line behind one of those geniuses. I think this is how Trump managed to get elected as president.

Kinda curious wether it shows up on 7.1, actually. It seems like it is part of the packaged Nav data handed down to the car, so it might show up for all software versions. (Or it might not.)

I also just checked on my P85+ with 7.1(2.36.31 ) and it's not there. I too thought it might be streamed down with the map data, but it looks like a fw update is required. :(

• Informative
Reactions: GSP and MikeC
How would one know?
I also just checked on my P85+ with 7.1(2.36.31 ) and it's not there. I too thought it might be streamed down with the map data, but it looks like a fw update is required. :(

I didn't see it at first until I actually selected one of the closer Superchargers, then the status started showing for that one and all the nearest ones.

Interesting. You're the first to report not seeing it I believe. What FW version are you on?
I'm on 8.0 2.44.130
Not only do I not see the stall detail, (close by or 500 miles away) now the charger dots on the map are VERY faint. Almost grey. Can hardly see them. Used to be VERY pronounced.
I tried clicking on one or more but that detail dialogue window doesn't show anything either.

This helps me a ton when traveling Eastbound. Prior to departure I can take my preferred route 166 E to Laval supercharger, or if that is busy, I would take 58E to Buttonwillow supercharger. It makes my decision for me and could save an additional wait while not charging.

Stay away from Lavel around any holiday. Went there after Christmas and got a charger after waiting only 5 minutes. The problem was getting back on the freeway. Took over 30 minutes due to congestion.

I'm on 8.0 2.44.130
Not only do I not see the stall detail, (close by or 500 miles away) now the charger dots on the map are VERY faint. Almost grey. Can hardly see them. Used to be VERY pronounced.
I tried clicking on one or more but that detail dialogue window doesn't show anything either.
I think only those that are in range are fully red - others are more feint (at least that's what it looks like on mine)

I must admit I do miss the old Superchargers list on the nav screen...

And while you are doing that, I'm going to direct my car to the other one -- since you and all of your buddies are going to the 'apparently empty' one. ... Oh crap! who am I kidding? The really smart ones will do like I do ... and I'm going to be in line behind one of those geniuses. I think this is how Trump managed to get elected as president.

Incontheivable!

• Funny
Reactions: BerTX