Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Live Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently not... Considering I'm here every day I find this to be a bit surprising but oh well...

I didn't really appreciate your post but whatever... The hell with it...

Close this out and delete the thread then... My apologies I inconvenienced the community by not seeing something obvious in the place it obviously should have been...

Jeff

Reactions: Macbest and EV-Bull
The icons on the map are really helpful. I didn't notice that in the screenshots I saw elsewhere earlier today. Cool feature.

Doesn't anything different happen if one is full, I wonder? Tesla could eventually try to load-balance based on how busy they are and when drivers are scheduled to arrive. For example, one is full and you're scheduled to stop there, offer to re-route to the next one in the chain.

If 50% are in use, it would be nice to know which is closest to being finished as that's the one I'd want to pair with.

That assumes that none of the other cars are paired. Between the number of folks who don't seem to understand pairing and the random permutations that happened before you arrived, I certainly wouldn't assume that.

Having said that, it's a reasonable point; I've suggested before that a future refinement for supercharging would be a pop-up map of the stalls when you get close, with the best stall highlighted - the one with the most available power when the site is mostly full, or some algorithm to level load the site when it's mostly empty.

Eventually AP2 cars will probably park themselves in this best stall. It's remotely possibly that AP1 cars will too, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Again, Tesla can easily solve this by simply listing max amps available at each stall. They already have this information and it would be trivial for them to add it to the status data already shown.
I like that idea. Others have mentioned telling you which stall to use but those suggestions can't take into account ICEd stalls, people who have parked over the lines, slots that are difficult to get to, etc.

If you get a prompt showing there are three stalls open and they are getting x, y and z amps respectively, the driver could then decide which slot to use based on ease of access, amps, exposure, etc.

Doesn't anyone read the forum before deciding they're the first to see something new? What are the odds that whatever it is, it's not already being talked about here?

Seriously! The worst is with the updates and people rushing on just to say they got a notification. Are there mods on this site? They really need to be active in closing down and merging repetitive threads.

Reactions: kavyboy
Some are greyed out. Are those the ones I can't reach with my current charge?
IMG_1390j.jpg

Last edited: