Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Livermore, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2018, 20 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
very crowded yesterday around 1pm. line of 3-4 waiting to charge. also kind of amused to see that evs were using the electrify america spaces as parking spaces - none of them were charging. desperate times I guess...

IMG_1205.jpg

This station now shows up on my in car map as 120kw. Did the SC get a software update?
Not software, I happened to be checking to see if normal SC were listing 145 or 150kW, they don't, and the urban chargers in Livermore were 72kW two days ago, now 120kW in my car too. But I've not gone there since. I do see one of the San Ramon SC listing 72kW still, the other 120kW.

old |v2019.8.5|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.8.6|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

I was just there. The wand on the charger I was using had a broken button so had to unlock the port from the car. 11AM on Friday and 10 stalls in use.

Meanwhile in the Electrify America section, tumbleweeds. Zero stalls in use. Tried to see if I could connect that 350 KW cable to my car, but could not figure it out. I wonder if it has every been used.

Why not just push the charge port to open it? If you have an older Model S, you can also just press-and-hold the trunk button on your fob.

Did you record & report the stall number to Tesla to get this fixed?

Last time I touched that port to open it I did something wrong I ended up messing up it closure. A ranger came out and realigned it, but I will just use the button on the dash, or the phone app. This is on a 2018 Model X.

And I did not think to get the number of the charger. If you are there it is the last one on the west row closest to the buildings.

For reasons that are unimportant and definitely not interesting, I was at this mall yesterday (New Years Day 2020). Total chaos in the parking lot, just like on a weekend.

Saw a bunch of Teslas, um, EV-ing the EA charging spaces (and obviously not charging on those CCS connectors), not good. Note if you're really desperate and need a charge, there are a couple of Tesla destination chargers in the next aisle. They have the 24 foot cables, so you can get creative about where you park (you don't need to park where the destination charger is). Someone did a great job (not) running the cable across the pedestrian walkway, hope nobody tripped over it.

There was kind of a line of waiting Teslas on one end of the aisle where the Superchargers are, with one other Tesla waiting on the other end. Not sure how that worked out.

This whole experience was pretty much a reminder to me never to come here on a weekend or holiday afternoon. :eek:

Bruce.

This whole experience was pretty much a reminder to me never to come here on a weekend or holiday afternoon.

Bruce,
There is a holiday exception worth noting. We came through on Christmas Day around noon and the parking lot was completely empty since the mall was closed. These urban Supercharger stalls were half empty for the duration of our 90 minute visit.... but then again, who wants to spend any time at a Supercharger on Christmas Day unless you're traveling?

A1A08EA1-0987-478B-8128-D16C92F3E59E.jpeg