Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lone Pine, CA (LIVE 28 Jan 2015, multiple expansions, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EXPANSION IN PROGRESS !
Just arrived here to see a bunch of construction going on. Workers on site. 8 additional stalls confirmed! Pics coming

@bmah
CB0FF758-9CC8-4B1B-8ADE-2EA8221B3F74.jpeg

Last edited:
Lone Pine was the only Supercharger on the route when I drove my new 2015 Model S from Lake Tahoe to Las Vegas (through Death Valley) in Feb 2015. I barely made it to Lone Pine (it helped that it is generally downhill and my wife was puzzled why I was driving so conservatively). Second leg also barely made it to Las Vegas but was successful!
Last month I drove my new Model S from Lake Tahoe to Death Valley and enjoyed having options of Gardnerville, Mammoth, Bishop as well as Lone Pine. Life is good.

I'll be there Monday. I can take some pictures if nobody else has by then. I had been watching Ventura, CA Superchargers and they were built in 3 to 4 weeks. However, it has been weeks while we still await the transformer from SCE.

@4SUPER9, if you haven't already discovered, that Mexican market near the Bishop Supercharger has a fabulous vegan taco plate!

Reactions: Bet TSLA
Lone Pine expansion is complete and open. 16 stalls. Damn, that was fast. I am assuming this construction team are the same ones working on the new Mojave Workz site, given the timing and rapidity of that site.

Sorry, no pics. Heading straight to Bishop to charge.

@bmah

So just to confirm that's 8 new pedestals for a total of 16 V3 stalls?

Bruce.

I cannot absolutely confirm the start and end dates for this expansion, but I am fairly certain that it was initiated and completed in under five weeks.

Does anyone know who the energy supplier is for this location?
Pretty sure the utility is Mulholland Power and Light, I mean LADWP. They have the entire Owens Valley with Edison to the south and north.

4SUPER9,

I am almost one hunnert percent positive that when I visited Lone Pine in June 2015 (it opened in late January) that there were four stalls. It may be that they christened two stalls early and then christened the second two later. But I always thought that it was a four-stall site from the git-go. I do not recall where Tesla only built two-stall permanent sites. Madison, Wisconsin had a three-stall site early on.

Reactions: PLUS EV
4SUPER9,

I am almost one hunnert percent positive that when I visited Lone Pine in June 2015 (it opened in late January) that there were four stalls. It may be that they christened two stalls early and then christened the second two later. But I always thought that it was a four-stall site from the git-go. I do not recall where Tesla only built two-stall permanent sites. Madison, Wisconsin had a three-stall site early on.
I was there in Feb 2015 and I seem to recall that there were 4 stalls.