Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Madison, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New photo by MSbitani on forum.supercharge.info. Supercharger bases in and site has been cleaned up. Awaiting stalls
81301899-A6E8-4AE0-9F91-536B5CC950CC.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pure speculation on my part -but could the delay in pedestals seen at multiple SC sites under construction indication mid project scope changes from V2 to V3 chargers? Are there design/conduit differences between V2 and V3 that make this type of upgrade impossible once utilities are in?

Pure speculation on my part -but could the delay in pedestals seen at multiple SC sites under construction indication mid project scope changes from V2 to V3 chargers? Are there design/conduit differences between V2 and V3 that make this type of upgrade impossible once utilities are in?

No. Yes.

The delay is allegedly due to a change in manufacturing facility for the components.

Reactions: GalaxyExplorer
could the delay in pedestals seen at multiple SC sites under construction indication mid project scope changes from V2 to V3 chargers?

The main different are the charging cabinets themselves - see this post, those two on the left are V3 supercharger cabinets capable of supplying 4 stalls each. The V2 ones are narrower - you often see a row of them next to each other - and supply 2 stalls each.

The main different are the charging cabinets themselves - see this post, those two on the left are V3 supercharger cabinets capable of supplying 4 stalls each. The V2 ones are narrower - you often see a row of them next to each other - and supply 2 stalls each.

Also the pedestals being liquid cooled, the site transformer being larger, the switchgear equipment being different and the cables between charging cabinets and pedestals being thicker. They’re about as completely different as you can get.

Reactions: vdiv
That would also explain why progress has stalled just like the Lynchburg location. Still wondering when a Danville site will pop up!
I agree, Danville would be the next logical spot along Rt 29. Too bad the only Sheetz around Danville is not right off of a highway/bypass. The Kangaroo is about the only other place along the way that might make sense. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing one open where 29/86 meet (although there's nothing in terms of restaurants/shopping nearby). I frequently head to the RDU area via 86 and going to Burlington is out of the way (as is Cary). The destination chargers in Altavista are about the only thing between Lynchburg and Greensboro, currently.