Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Maple Grove, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s on!!! I am the first one to charge! Tesla tech still on site. (Pictures to follow shortly)
Added 26 kWh for $5.98. $0.23/kWh. I did get charged even though it was not showing up on the Nav. (I did get nagged for not pre-conditioning) :)
Only got 60 kW due to 50%+ SOC and cold battery.
No more MN superchargers currently under construction. A couple new locations do have permits though.
The Tesla tech did not have anything else scheduled immediately, but possibly Minocqua WI soon. He was just wrapping up everything when I left.
Rivian there on the L2 chargers. The white Model Y plugged in 2 minutes after I did (just barely beat him to the new juice).
EDIT: This site shows up on the Nav now.

Attachments

• 907438D1-49CA-4C42-8F53-E8A60EBD42AC.jpeg
    907438D1-49CA-4C42-8F53-E8A60EBD42AC.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 6C9F6E61-5E10-49C8-BB60-5314635F92DD.jpeg
    6C9F6E61-5E10-49C8-BB60-5314635F92DD.jpeg
    885.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 3E688CBD-7CB5-4AEC-803D-8F49C5DD5F00.jpeg
    3E688CBD-7CB5-4AEC-803D-8F49C5DD5F00.jpeg
    771.6 KB · Views: 69
  • D0F48157-6871-4058-9CE3-9B1682C79DB3.jpeg
    D0F48157-6871-4058-9CE3-9B1682C79DB3.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 76
I was charging midday. I guess the way I worded my comment was weird. I meant that many of the local superchargers I looked at rates for were $0.23/kWh 24/7, but there are some that are $0.46/kWh for peak hours.
Looks like most of the MN superchargers have transitioned to either the $0.44/kWh pricing, or the split day $0.23/$0.46 rates. Only Robbinsdale remains at $0.23 all day. The last time I looked, more of the chargers were still at $0.23. :(
Not sure what Maple Grove will be since it is still not on the in-car Nav (even after a reboot). It is showing on the Tesla web site, and on the Tesla app, but neither of those show prices. I did get charged $0.23 midday, but maybe the Tesla-internal systems were not fully set up yet.

Great to have this online. This one and North Branch don’t show in the car for me. They do show in the mobile app however. Someone forgot to flip the switch for the in car pins?
Maple Grove is still not showing up in the in-car Nav yet, but North Branch is.
Has anyone tried Maple Grove yet on a low state of charge with a warm battery? Curious if it is delivering full power. When I was there with the Tesla tech, he was having a concern about getting full power. But I was over 50% with a cold battery, so I was not a good test. Same with another guy that happen to drive by.

Maple Grove is still not showing up in the in-car Nav yet, but North Branch is.
Has anyone tried Maple Grove yet on a low state of charge with a warm battery? Curious if it is delivering full power. When I was there with the Tesla tech, he was having a concern about getting full power. But I was over 50% with a cold battery, so I was not a good test. Same with another guy that happen to drive by.
Model 3 performance:
Arrived with a low soc and got the full 250kW. Did not precondition and it was about 53F outside.
I believe the Tesla tech meant maybe full power when the location is at max capacity? Don’t know, I didn’t have any issues.

Anyone know why this location doesn’t show your current session cost.. or if it even charges you?

Model 3 performance:
Arrived with a low soc and got the full 250kW. Did not precondition and it was about 53F outside.
I believe the Tesla tech meant maybe full power when the location is at max capacity? Don’t know, I didn’t have any issues.

Anyone know why this location doesn’t show your current session cost.. or if it even charges you?
The tech was concerned about single connection speed. He had a high SOC (Model Y), as did I, as did the other guy that pulled in, so he couldn’t verify higher current delivery at that time (the famous “250kW” we are all looking for). So, awesome that you got the 250, even without preconditioning!
I did get charged that day, midday, at $0.23/kWh. And it shows the total session cost in the car. But, no official confirmation on the rate because the site still does not show up in my Nav system.

Reactions: Cyberjr
When I stopped by on the 6th, I had the Robbinsdale supercharger in my nav most of the way in order to fool my car into preconditioning, but I did show up with something like 25% SoC. I have a picture that I got at least 167 kW when it was 46F outside. More data.