Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Meridian, MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks close to finished to me although other pictures from other angles would have helped. However, I would expect a Mississippi Power Company truck if the transformer is being worked on. My guess is the transformer is installed and ready. It is pretty clearly pictured behind a tree off to the right. It looks like some of the Tesla equipment is not enclose. Maybe that is what is being finished.

There is at least 1 old thread on this, dating back to the initial stations outside of California. One of the posters is a businessman and investor, is a partner in a company with lots of strip malls in its portfolio. All municipalities have rules about the minimal number (and type) of parking spaces any place of business must have; most builders only build to (or near) the minimum required. So, many facilities don't have any more spots than the law requires. If they assign 8 of them to supercharger use, then they can no longer count them to their total, and may fall below the bare minimum required by law. If on the other hand they can be used either by shoppers or chargers, then the still count towards their total. So most if not all shopping venters will be reluctant to give up all of the spots to full time SuC use.

Looks close to finished to me although other pictures from other angles would have helped. However, I would expect a Mississippi Power Company truck if the transformer is being worked on. My guess is the transformer is installed and ready. It is pretty clearly pictured behind a tree off to the right. It looks like some of the Tesla equipment is not enclose. Maybe that is what is being finished.

They were putting up the fencing and said they were waiting on someone to stripe the lanes. I haven't seen the electrical crew in about a week, but I think they're finished and waiting on Tesla's inspection.

"ICE-ing" shouldn't be a problem. This section of the parking lot never has many cars and most people here are allergic to walking, so they'll park as close to the front as possible. The only reasons I can think someone would ice these spots is for shade or to intentionally upset Tesla owners.

Here are a few more pictures:

IMG_20160920_081550.jpg
IMG_20160920_081431.jpg
IMG_20160920_081526.jpg
IMG_20160920_081449.jpg

Last edited:
Randall_S, Anything more happening at the SC there in Meridian? It seems you are our only eyes in the area to give us an idea of the progress. From your last post it looks as if commissioning could happen any time but there have been other SC on the I20 route that take 4+ weeks to get from that point.

Thanks.

Randall_S, Anything more happening at the SC there in Meridian? It seems you are our only eyes in the area to give us an idea of the progress. From your last post it looks as if commissioning could happen any time but there have been other SC on the I20 route that take 4+ weeks to get from that point.

Thanks.

Nothing new Friday. I'll try to swing by tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: L.Robinson
In the closeup pedestal pic the anti theft screws are missing so def waiting final inspection
Agreed. Even more visible evidence that the Tesla Bunny has visited will be the labels (1A,1B, 2A, etc.) the tech places on each charging bollard. The final screws, the screw caps, and the labels are all installed by the tech who certifies and activates the site.

I am really hoping that the chargers will be brought online today or tomorrow. I will be driving through Saturday afternoon. I guess I have to check this thread Saturday while in Jackson, MS to know for sure.

It seems to me that Tesla usually has it showing as operational in the car's NAV system within a few hours of powering it up and certifying it.

• Informative
Reactions: reese9879
How do you get the list of SC in version 8.0? I've not read the updated documents yet and haven't found the list, only by putting in a destination do they seem to show up. I'm driving through a week after Reese9879.

Not sure, but I'm pretty sure you can just zoom the map in/out and it will show the pin on Meridian if it is operational.

Mike