Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mesa, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it make a difference that the status of the permit is still "In Review"?

1654975388035.png

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
Does it make a difference that the status of the permit is still "In Review"?

[PIC]
Yes. They won't start construction until the building permit has been issued. However, it sometimes happens that these online permiting systems aren't quite updated in real time, so there may be some minor delay between true status and what is shown in the system. Depends on how the local permitting office uses their system.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Sparky1 and PLUS EV
Perhaps this is progress? Status is back to “in review”

View attachment 835112
The Arizona Mills location appears to be quite popular. I thought of giving it a try, but the indicator said all stalls were occupied. 30 mins later a few opened up so I went over and did a token charge. I think the one in Mesa will be quite popular too.

I had an appointment in Mesa, AZ this morning. Afterwards, I visited the new supercharger site. The site is now fenced and one very friendly worker was on site. This is the first supercharger site he has worked on and he asked me if I was from Tesla. I told him no, I was just a driver and I had retired from the local utility with 45 years in high voltage construction. He said he had just relocated here from Hawaii “to get some mainland money” and was doing the “digging for the transformer”. There are 3 supercharging cabinets on site and the switchgear cabinets arrived while I was there.
This site is in construction now.

IMG_6304.jpg

Construction fence looking northeast

IMG_6305.jpg

Digging for the transformer

IMG_6307.jpg

Site overview. One pedestal inside the storage container (maybe a leftover from another jobsite?)

IMG_6308.jpg

Three supercharging cabinets

IMG_6310.jpg

Switchgear cabinets arrived 10/12/22 9:45 AM