Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Milan, NM

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ABQ to Gallup can be deceptively tough, especially in winter, because it's slightly up hill and often into a strong headwind. In those cases, you'll want to charge to 250 rated miles and keep an eye on the battery gauge (slow down if necessary).

That being said, Gallup to ABQ this time of year shouldn't be much of a problem.

Reactions: M3Posh and IdaX
I will be driving this leg tomorrow, so Im hearing to top off in Gallup NM as Grants is lacking a SC. Will I be good in M3P to ABQ, or will I be cutting it close?
No problem. I just did this a couple weeks ago. M3LR. Charged to 83% in Gallup, estimated SOC to ABQ was 30%. Traffic was flying that day; drove about 10 over most of the way. Made it to the new supercharger area in ABQ at 24%. There was a mild tail wind that day.

• Helpful
Reactions: M3Posh and IdaX
No problem. I just did this a couple weeks ago. M3LR. Charged to 83% in Gallup, estimated SOC to ABQ was 30%. Traffic was flying that day; drove about 10 over most of the way. Made it to the new supercharger area in ABQ at 24%. There was a mild tail wind that day.
I departed Gallup, charged 80% and made it to ABQ with approx 25%, i was driving a tad conservative at first but then let loose. I was dealing with some wind too. The new Superchargers at ABQ UpTown are nice. A Supercharger in Grants would still be nice though.

It means it may be online by Q3 2026
That would only hold true if all the stars aligned and Musk built a home nearby. :rolleyes: Their announcements are so far from the truth they should be considered projections of project they have plans for sometime in the future but have no clue when exactly. Been advertising this for 6 years now (started 2018) waiting for the Brockville unit and then updating when nothing happens. latest is coming soon 2023 after 6 years of updates.

Good news, everyone! I drove by yesterday and it looks like it's being installed now. This was at the Chaco Trading post in Milan, NM.
IMG-4986.JPG

Good news, everyone! I drove by yesterday and it looks like it's being installed now. This was at the Chaco Trading post in Milan, NM. View attachment 932836
Thank you.

If you're in the area and can show clear evidence of Tesla-specific equipment at the site it would be great.

Or anybody who can find a permit wins an orange triangle.

• Funny
Reactions: IdaX and Matsayz
Looks like a charger installation of some type, and there’s already an electrify America station in town, so Tesla equipment should be coming soon…

If you compare the photo with this rectangle from Google StreetView shot from the road (Horizon Blvd) that's in view in the photo, you can see that the whole dug up area includes the existing parking spaces. Maybe they needed more work than just basic resurfacing. Is the soil there soft enough to need replacing with something more solid? Or is it close enough to the sidewalk that they need to make them pull-ins?

1682883043745.png

If you compare the photo with this rectangle from Google StreetView shot from the road (Horizon Blvd) that's in view in the photo, you can see that the whole dug up area includes the existing parking spaces. Maybe they needed more work than just basic resurfacing. Is the soil there soft enough to need replacing with something more solid? Or is it close enough to the sidewalk that they need to make them pull-ins?

View attachment 933320

To add to this, somebody posted in the King City, CA thread what looks like pull-in stalls.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/7587602/
Maybe these are pull-in as well.

Thank you.

If you're in the area and can show clear evidence of Tesla-specific equipment at the site it would be great.

Or anybody who can find a permit wins an orange triangle.
Ask and ye shall receive:

600A Commercial Electrical Permit.
1683285344690.png

And Tesla Electric is doing the install? Matching names working together.
1683285615472.png