TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger-Moab,Utah

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by BuddysX, Oct 22, 2016.

1. BuddysX

BuddysX Member

Pulled into Moab 8pm , all 4 of 4 Superchargers ICE'd for the night by hotel guests I suspect. Very disapointed.

2. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

I just looked to see if it is illegal to park an ICE in an EV charging spot in Utah and apparently no such law exists in the state yet

3. ww73

ww73 Member

Bummer. Did u check with hotel reception?

4. Barry

Barry Active Member

Chronic problem in Moab. That's why I didn't stay at the Best Western last trip out that way. Hope they're reading!

5. Owner

Owner Active Member

I have been to this location several times. The parking lot for that motel is not very large. I can see how if the place is sold out, those extra Tesla spots can be easily ICEd.

Putting my foot in someone else's shoe, if I were a guest there with a ton of people and luggage and a full parking lot, I can see how tempting those spots are.

Just not a great exact location for a supercharger.

• Like x 1
  6. Owner

Owner Active Member

I wonder too if the motel has the license # of their guests and could contact them. A lot of places with small parking lots do this even in small towns.

7. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

Sunday November 13 at 11 AM:

[​IMG]

A hotel employee was interested in Tesla — usual questions — and mentioned that the black Escalade belonged to another hotel employee. He then went to ask him to move it. I was only there for about fifteen minutes (enough to get me to Dead Horse Point State Park and back if it turned out that I couldn't charge at my campsite for some reason). During that time the other Model S finished charging and left. The red Eclipse owners were hotel guests and packed up and left. The employee came and moved his Escalade. By the time I left, all of the Superchargers were open again.

By the way, all the campsites at Dead Horse Point State Park have RV pedestals with 14-50 outlets:

[​IMG]

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  8. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

#8 dgpcolorado, May 2, 2017
    Last edited: May 2, 2017
    My links in this post had disappeared and since I can't edit it I will try to repost it here with the pictures:
    Anyway, there has been a development on the Moab Supercharger: the parking lot was repainted and the Tesla spaces are clearly marked:

Moab Supercharger Station1903sf 4-30-17.jpg
    I would guess that this will reduce icing considerably.

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  9. Barry

Barry Active Member

That's good. I've been there a couple of times, and unless it's mid-day, when everyone's out, ICEing is a problem there.