Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mojave, CA (EXPANDED Dec 2021, 6 V2 + 4 V3 + 2 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really sorry to hear about that. So what happened, did you get enough charge to continue, and did you call Tesla and complain? I would have given them an earful.
On January 1st my wife and I will be on 395 headed west and plan on using the Mohave Supercharger. If anyone stops there over the next 7 days please post as to the status. I've set a reminder on my phone to call Tesla the day before and inquire about the status of that location. If that location is not working I can do a max charge at Barstow and that will get me to Harris Ranch because there is some elevation loss. Though if there are strong headwinds in the high desert that could be a problem.

Fan, you reference going west on 395; this is ambiguous as US395 is a north-south highway that crosses SR58 at Kramer's Junction, about 20 miles west of Barstow and ~40 miles east of Mojave. It sounds like you are returning home to the Peninsula, but your departure point is unknown. There could easily be a reasonable work-around if you were not returning from Vegas or northern Arizona.

Apologies, my error, that day I will be driving from Zion NP Utah to Tehchapi CA so I will going sort of northwest on 58.
Glad to hear that Mohave SC is back up.
Fan, you reference going west on 395; this is ambiguous as US395 is a north-south highway that crosses SR58 at Kramer's Junction, about 20 miles west of Barstow and ~40 miles east of Mojave. It sounds like you are returning home to the Peninsula, but your departure point is unknown. There could easily be a reasonable work-around if you were not returning from Vegas or northern Arizona.

I charged at Mojave yesterday. As a precaution, I called Tesla Ownership about 2 hours prior to arrival. They confirmed that it was open and 2 cars were actively charging. Wouldn't it be nice if that data were shared with everyone in real time?

Be aware that the bar near the scs is closed so bathroom access is either at the supermarket across the parking lot or the hamburger joint just up the street(Primo burgers). If you are there past 9 pm you will have to find a gas station which is about 1/2 mile away.

Hey Skiers and Snowboarders of SoCal! Anyone had to wait for superchargers on Friday and Sunday evenings coming to or from Mammoth?

I charged at Mojave last Friday around 2PM. Two stalls open when I arrived, so I took one and a Model X arrived shortly and took the other. But turnover was good, so stalls opened right back up.

I was surprised to see that many cars using the Mojave supercharger, actually. First time I had been there (first time supercharging my car) and I figured it would be dead. Then I remembered ski season.

I actually attempted my best to avoid Mojave this time driving to Vegas by charging up at Buttonwillow and making it to Barstow....

The last time at Mojave I had a pretty unpleasant situation where I had a panhandler approach my car, knock on the window, and ask if I had any money. I said no (I honestly did not have any cash on me), and he sat down in front of my car. I eventually went to the restroom in the nearby supermarket and when I walked back out, I saw him over the passenger side door looking into my car. (I always close all the cubbies and conceal everything when I leave my car.

At any rate, the experience spooked me a bit and it felt really unpleasant knowing I was stuck there for 30 minutes figuring out how to deal with this situation.

• Informative
Reactions: RubberToe
Has anyone noticed the second Mojave location hiding on the coming soon map? (It's a gray marker buried slightly above the current location. Same mark appears for Lone Pine.)

Any speculation on what's coming? (Expansion of the current location? New location?)

With Model 3 fast approaching, this is a necessity for the upcoming ski season.

Has anyone noticed the second Mojave location hiding on the coming soon map? (It's a gray marker buried slightly above the current location. Same mark appears for Lone Pine.)

Any speculation on what's coming? (Expansion of the current location? New location?)

With Model 3 fast approaching, this is a necessity for the upcoming ski season.

I think that it'll mainly just be expansion. When Tesla first changed the way they do the maps (in their usual rushed, error-strewn fashion), there were a lot of gray Superchargers at existing locations, which led to some consternation. Tesla updated the map and now there are many locations with a 2nd pin, which makes it clear that the current one is open.

There ain't a whole lot in Mojave to place a second Supercharger. Certainly there is nothing directly off SR58 that loops around the city itself. The current location on SR14 serves the majority of travelers who are going to or from Los Angeles. East-west traffic has to drive about 4 miles one way to reach the current site. So, I would agree that the current location will expand. There is plenty of room.

When a SC is built in Bakersfield, people going to or from the Valley and Vegas or Arizona will be able to charge there and bypass Mojave entirely.

We charged there Friday and yesterday. Anthony's Grill is literally next to the SC, which is the easiest to access from the highway of any SC we've ever used (pull off Hwy 14 into a stall).

Anthony's was great Friday eve but yesterday, a Saturday, the door was locked at 5:30 pm. Just not a time that people want to eat, I guess. Posted hours said 8 to 3 on Sats and Sundays closed.

Be aware that the bar near the scs is closed so bathroom access is either at the supermarket across the parking lot or the hamburger joint just up the street(Primo burgers). If you are there past 9 pm you will have to find a gas station which is about 1/2 mile away.
Where is this Mojave located? What is the Address & what state?

If this is the same one in California, this is a duplicated post, posted in the wrong area.

Vern above made reference to pull off Why 14 into a stall. This appears to Hwy 14 in California or are we confused.

Hi State Route (?) 75

Yes, California. Mojave. In Kern County. That Mojave. Not the other Mojaves.

Yes, Hwy 14. Turn into the parking lot and you are at the Supercharging Station.

Easiest acess of any of the 25 or 30 Superchargers in 5 states that we have used (California; Arizona; New Mexico: Oklahoma, and Texas).

I was at Mojave this evening and stalls 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B seemed to not be functioning properly - I was on 3A which oscillated between 17kW and 0kW - it added 3.7 rated miles in 5 minutes. Someone else on 2A was having a similar problem. He asked the guy on 1A how his charging was going - it was fine - he moved to 1B. I gave up. 1A and 1B seemed to be working properly. I called in the problem to Tesla.
I will return in the morning to try again.