Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Montecito, CA (Rosewood Miramar, LIVE 4 Sep 2021, 8 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Valet would knock me out. Assuming it is behind a valet stand, I don't know if car screens will say that. There is a plus minus 90 mile gap between Buellton and Oxnard, so if Miramar is where it is and you aim for it you might get a surprise.

I would think with the amount to Teslas in the Goleta/Santa Barbara/Montecito area this place would still be overrun, and it will have eight chargers. If so do they charge idle time to keep things moving? I've read of a couple of cases where that really didn't work out well when the valets left the cars on the chargers not knowing there was a fee.

Valet is still speculation, but....that's a really high end hotel, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the main reason for having them is an amenity. You get a lot of folks within driving distance coming for the weekend, makes sense that a higher end hotel would have a high percentage of Tesla drivers.

Reporting back... I asked several different hotel employees (main desk, valets) and no one has heard anything about a Supercharger opening up. The valets seemed very skeptical as they are already short on parking. They park several deep in their staff lot based on shift. This location doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Had a wonderful dinner there at Caruso's and got to see them test the big Christmas tree before the lighting ceremony later this week.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Reporting back... I asked several different hotel employees (main desk, valets) and no one has heard anything about a Supercharger opening up. The valets seemed very skeptical as they are already short on parking. They park several deep in their staff lot based on shift. This location doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Had a wonderful dinner there at Caruso's and got to see them test the big Christmas tree before the lighting ceremony later this week.

One other thought... Maybe they put the Superchargers at the parking spots along Eucalyptus Ln/San Ysidro Rd, on the exterior western edge (the other side of the wall on the right edge of the photo below)
upload_2019-11-27_19-40-17.jpeg

There is a lot more to do at five points, but people who've not been there are not going to like making the left turn out of there to go back to the freeway. La Cumbre I thought should have done it as a way to draw people in, but........there's not much there there anymore,

Just an FYI; I visited the Super Charger at the Mirmar in Santa Barbara Monday. I was told that it is done and is charging cars, BUT is only for the use of paying guests of the facility. I did not see it myself, but was assured by the staff that it was a super charger and that it is on line. Dang....

• Disagree
Reactions: goldengate
Just an FYI; I visited the Super Charger at the Mirmar in Santa Barbara Monday. I was told that it is done and is charging cars, BUT is only for the use of paying guests of the facility. I did not see it myself, but was assured by the staff that it was a super charger and that it is on line. Dang....

It sounds a lot like either a DC fast charger or a destination charger, and the staff don't know the difference between either of those and a supercharger.

I'mThe County of Santa Barbara may want to look into this. The county's permit database has the building permit "approved to issue"on 12/23.

For details, search for permit number 19ELE-00000-00247 at https://aca.sbcountyplanning.org/CitizenAccess/?culture=en-US

I wondered if that might be the case, hotel buys the chargers and pays for the electricity themselves. I'm dropping my car off at the service center tomorrow, i'll see if I can get anything from them. I can't get my app to open most of the time, main reason from bringing the car in, but it would be interesting to check and see what shows up on "Superchargers near me".

If that's the case, that they are running, really fast construction.

Just to be clear, as of 2019-12-23 the building permit for the Montecito supercharger hadn't been issued yet. So the likelihood of any construction at all on them having taken place yet are essentially zero. The possibility of the full supercharger being totally built and activated, I would put at a negative percentage if my stats teachers weren't frowning so hard.

According to the online record for the permit, while it was categorized as approved to issue, the permit was technically still on hold as of 2019-12-23 until a few minor paperwork things got taken care of. As soon as Tesla and their host are ready to proceed to construction, they'll be able to get the permit formally issued very quickly.

• Informative
Reactions: erthquake
I’ve looked back at the permits for Montecito as I’m hearing the crew from Pismo is heading for Santa Barbara and found a different permit than the Superchargers to install 5 HPWC Tesla chargers and 3 J1772 chargers, which was issued back in September. That may have been what you were using back in December.
79468597-FC76-4389-9A78-28AD1B60E100.jpeg