Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moose Jaw, SK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to the thinner cables, the large charging cabinets with ventilation on top give it away as a V3 location.

Any idea why Tesla chose to install only 6 stalls at all of the Canadian V3 stations, rather than 8? These two V3 cabinets can supply a total of 2 MW of power, enough for 8 stalls to put out 250 kW simultaneously. Two cabinets is overkill for only 6 stalls. Think they have plans to add more stalls in the future?

Any idea why Tesla chose to install only 6 stalls at all of the Canadian V3 stations, rather than 8? These two V3 cabinets can supply a total of 2 MW of power, enough for 8 stalls to put out 250 kW simultaneously. Two cabinets is overkill for only 6 stalls. Think they have plans to add more stalls in the future?

Well one cabinet can't handle 6 stalls... Maybe the land owner wasn't willing to give up another two stalls. Or maybe Tesla doesn't think demand will be enough to invest in two additional stalls at this time.

They put in the underground infrastructure for all 8 stalls. If the level of traffic necessitates it, then they'll add the extra 2.

The transformers for these sites can only provide 1 MW and each cabinet can supply ~430 kW of power shared across up to 4 stalls.

The reason is as mociaf9 stated - traffic doesn't warrant installing all 8 stalls yet, but there is room and conduits have been run for expansion in the future.

Reactions: PStewart
The transformers for these sites can only provide 1 MW and each cabinet can supply ~430 kW of power shared across up to 4 stalls.
My understanding is that those types of transformers are rated at "sustained", they can actually put through substantially more for shorter periods of time. So it'll definitely be the Tesla AC->DC convertors that'll be the chokepoint. I've not followed the sleuthing on the details for them, do you have a link for that?

My understanding is that those types of transformers are rated at "sustained", they can actually put through substantially more for shorter periods of time. So it'll definitely be the Tesla AC->DC convertors that'll be the chokepoint. I've not followed the sleuthing on the details for them, do you have a link for that?

Here is the video that shows the data plates. My recollection was a bit off ... DC output is shown as 575 kW but input power is listed at 350 kVA maximum continuous.

MJ works!!!, for now. @InternetDude yesterday night
7A04328D-A3BF-4549-8561-3965E6C03E1C.jpeg

The inn car map has this pinned in the wrong location, making it absolutely useless we’re trying to plan a long road trip. Be prepared for manual calculations between Moose jaw and swift current for example. You would think the navigation system would know that you were plugged in, but it didn’t. Any idea how we can let Tesla know the pin is in the wrong place?

The inn car map has this pinned in the wrong location, making it absolutely useless we’re trying to plan a long road trip. Be prepared for manual calculations between Moose jaw and swift current for example. You would think the navigation system would know that you were plugged in, but it didn’t. Any idea how we can let Tesla know the pin is in the wrong place?

Immediately after charging here, go to your Tesla app, click on your profile icon in the upper right corner, click account, click charging, click history, then provide feedback on your most recent charging session.

• Helpful
Reactions: XHabjab
Perfect. That’s great advice. I will look into that right away. I got my first Tesla in 2016, and it’s been rather tough to keep up with all the updates on the app and stuff like that but I do love many of these improvements for feedback and service and things like that. I will do that today for sure because it needs to be fixed for those who haven’t been around this Driving system as long as some of us have.

Reactions: Big Earl
Perfect. That’s great advice. I will look into that right away. I got my first Tesla in 2016, and it’s been rather tough to keep up with all the updates on the app and stuff like that but I do love many of these improvements for feedback and service and things like that. I will do that today for sure because it needs to be fixed for those who haven’t been around this Driving system as long as some of us have.
[email protected]