Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Moosic, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I just called Doc's to let them know to expect a large group, and they told me that they are closing for renovations this coming week and won't be open on Sunday.
There is a LongHorn Steakhouse that's also in the same parking lot and an easy walk. I confirmed they will be open. There are other food options as well nearby.
We can also go way out of the box and drive to Old Forge, maybe 15-20 minutes, and get pizza (Revello's). It isn't Chicago deep dish or NY thin crust. When I was living in the area we ordered it to take home, which was about a 30 minute drive, and I ate 6 cuts before getting home. My wife wasn't happy.
A bunch of Tesla's snaking through the streets of Old Forge should attract attention.......
We can discuss at the meet. Noonish on the 22nd. Hope to see you there.

Put me down for 2 people - my son and I will be there around 12 as well. This is going to be fun!

A few photos from today. I never actually had a full count but I think we had 5 Model Xs and 7 or 8 Model Ss. Should be on WNEP this evening some time at 6pm news and maybe again at 7 and 11pm. And then later on their web site www.wnep.com Great to meet everyone. Here are a few photos I took.
TeslasSupercharging.jpg
TeslasSuperchargingRibbonCutting01.jpg
TeslasSuperchargingRibbonCutting02.jpg
TeslasSuperchargingRibbonCutting03.jpg

And idiots are commenting on that with outright lies. I replied but it would be nice if others did as well. I'm sure these people are either just usual ignorant anti-technology trolls or posting lies because of some agenda like working for auto dealers or oil companies. Their comments are completely ridiculous. '“Tesla”? Sounds kind of Russian… You might want to stay away from that.'

I was much more surprised that Tesla choose this area for a super charger station than I am about those comments. "Poor and proud of it" seems to be the mantra for a lot of people around here, sadly.
WNEP like the other Scranton media covers a very wide area, deep into the "T". Ignorance of technology is not surprising, but the bizarre comments are interesting. It was great to see other local Tesla owners there at our small event so there is a market even though we are all very distant from any Tesla sales or service.

There is construction near the chargers. I have nothing to back it up but my guess is they are expanding Moosic to assist with the frequent wait times. It goes all the way down to the charge point chargers.
IMG_7685.jpeg

There is construction near the chargers. I have nothing to back it up but my guess is they are expanding Moosic to assist with the frequent wait times. It goes all the way down to the charge point chargers.

I spoke to a construction guy a few weeks ago, thinking it was a supercharger expansion similar to OG Allentown. The construction next to the superchargers is Rivian's Adventure Network chargers being built.