Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Hope, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
32F180FE-FA17-4FF3-A4CA-CC2ECCAC64A2.jpeg
6FC59C1C-0698-40EE-A4A8-3FA65E573A1B.jpeg
The charger is active.

I charged here last night for about an hour. Of the 8 bays, 5 were ICE’d. I’m not really sure why - as there were plenty of spots closer to the Sheetz.

I think they are staff vehicles. I was through here last week on my way south and four of the eight were occupied. The vehicles were spaced out, like they understood how the pairing works and despite the signs, all the vehicles were still there when I left.

Looking for lunch recommendations near this supercharger in Mt. Hope, WV, especially for West Virginia-style hot dogs or pepperoni rolls.

I'll be going on a road trip the week after Christmas, and it looks like I'll be charging here on Sunday, Dec. 26, 2021, around noon. (I plan to head up to the New River Gorge for a photo op, too, although the outdoor center there says their restaurants will be closed that day. :()

I'll be coming back down through West Virginia on Thursday–Friday, but in that direction I'll probably be charging in Charleston and Wytheville.

Looking for lunch recommendations near this supercharger in Mt. Hope, WV, especially for West Virginia-style hot dogs or pepperoni rolls.

I'll be going on a road trip the week after Christmas, and it looks like I'll be charging here on Sunday, Dec. 26, 2021, around noon. (I plan to head up to the New River Gorge for a photo op, too, although the outdoor center there says their restaurants will be closed that day. :()

I'll be coming back down through West Virginia on Thursday–Friday, but in that direction I'll probably be charging in Charleston and Wytheville.
The best spot for lunch, IMO, would be Tamarack, one exit south of the Mt. Hope Supercharger. Closed on Tuesdays and Christmas day. Pandemic hours are 10 AM to 6 PM.

As for pepperoni rolls, Padrinos Italian Restaurant is good, and about 4 miles from the Supercharger. Just about any Ginos will do in a pinch and/or to go. Of course for original pepperoni rolls you need to go to northern West Virginia -- Clarksburg, Fairmont, Morgantown, Wheeling -- is where miners started the tradition to carry pepperoni rolls in their lunch buckets.

If you want something in Fayetteville, Pies and Pints opens at 11 on the 26th.

The best spot for lunch, IMO, would be Tamarack, one exit south of the Mt. Hope Supercharger. Closed on Tuesdays and Christmas day. Pandemic hours are 10 AM to 6 PM.

As for pepperoni rolls, Padrinos Italian Restaurant is good, and about 4 miles from the Supercharger. Just about any Ginos will do in a pinch and/or to go. Of course for original pepperoni rolls you need to go to northern West Virginia -- Clarksburg, Fairmont, Morgantown, Wheeling -- is where miners started the tradition to carry pepperoni rolls in their lunch buckets.

If you want something in Fayetteville, Pies and Pints opens at 11 on the 26th.

Based on the time of day and my state-of-charge, I ended up skipping Mt. Hope on the way out, and then looking for a place for lunch in Oak Hill, WV. A lot of places were closed on Sunday, but I had some good hot dogs at the Heart of Gold Diner.

Here's the video I made of the first day of driving through WV, at the hot-dog part: