Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Shasta, CA - 134 Morgan Way (LIVE 04 Jan 2018)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I'm going to be stopping at this supercharger (or the one across the street) later this month with my dog. We'll be on a fairly long drive, so I'd like to take her out to stretch her legs a bit. Are there any good hikes or fields that would be good for some frisbee/fetch? I saw on the satellite a few nice grassy areas that might work out, but wondering if anyone knew more about it or had suggestions! Also I wouldn't mind walking a few blocks to something either.

We'll be doing a big charge, so upwards of 45 minutes or so.

Thanks!

Hi All,
I'm going to be stopping at this supercharger (or the one across the street) later this month with my dog. We'll be on a fairly long drive, so I'd like to take her out to stretch her legs a bit. Are there any good hikes or fields that would be good for some frisbee/fetch? I saw on the satellite a few nice grassy areas that might work out, but wondering if anyone knew more about it or had suggestions! Also I wouldn't mind walking a few blocks to something either.

We'll be doing a big charge, so upwards of 45 minutes or so.

Thanks!
I responded in the Red Bluff thread but now I see you posted here as well. The grassy area behind the 4-stall supercharger in Mt. Shasta should be decent, but it isn't huge and it isn't flat. Better for dog walking than playing fetch or running around. Just be sure you go to the 4-stall supercharger and not the bigger one. They are so close to each other that they look like one dot in the Nav and some n00bs don't realize there are two superchargers in Mt. Shasta.

Reactions: noshadow
I've been to the older, smaller supercharger a few times and I've been to Mt Shasta other times too. I can't think of anyplace near the supercharger to take the dog to play, but just taking the dog for a walk around the area would be nice. The atmosphere of the town is nice with some outstanding views of the mountain. It's one of the nicest supercharger locations I've been to.

If I remember correctly, doesn't a small stream run past the older Spc ?
Yes, right behind it. Grassy area, cute little stream, views of Mount Shasta from the right spots. It's a neat place, but it's not a ton of space for a dog to run around.

Good trails aren't really within range to walk from the Supercharger, hike, and return without being very late to your car. The closest ones I see are in the Shasta City Park area. If one parks in the new Supercharger location, they're unlikely to see it over half full, so they might be able to take the trip without incurring idle fees. I wouldn't recommend it, though.

Siskiyou Lake is just west of the interstate, maybe a mile-mile and a half west. If you have the time, you could take your pooch to the lake for some activity before you plug in. I’ve caught a few there over the years, so watch for the anglers.

I circled this area that might be a nice stroll? Is it fenced off?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 4.08.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-06 at 4.08.31 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 182
I don't recall seeing any fences in that direction. There may be one between the freeway and the wooded area, but there are none between the parking lot of the shopping center and the wooded area.

Thanks! I guess if anyone lives nearby and/or happens to go through the area, let me know if you have a chance. Otherwise, I'll be happy to report back when we go in late september.

It doesn't seem like TOO many members in this community have dogs, but hopefully we can get some data around these things for the dog owners out there ;)

Also, I might be totally overthinking it. Charging times really aren't that long, and walking a dog around a shopping area or neighborhood should probably be enough while it charges. We like going to the Mt Shasta dog park on our way up/down from Eugene, OR to San Francisco, CA (at least the grassy area next to it) for about half an hour or so of fetch and play. Maybe we'll just do that, then hit the supercharger for the rest of the time.

Reactions: ohmman