Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mystic, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I lived in Mystic back in the early 90's. Good location, easy access to the highway, lots to do in the shopping village there.

I highly recommend making a day/weekend of it and checking out the Seaport and Aquarium.

Reactions: kayak1
August 10, 2021 Zoning Board of Appeals for Stonington, CT shows that a zoning variance was unanimously approved for superchargers to be installed.

Address: 12 Coogan Blvd, Mystic, CT, 06355

Reading the minutes I noticed three cabinets will be installed at the corner of Coogan Blvd and Village Farm Rd.

@Chuq @corywright @MarcoRP @tes-s Please update the number of stalls to 12 and the location to 41.372386, -71.956586.

Last edited:
Just passed by the area. Doesn't look like any changes. No construction to be seen.

Taken from other side of coogan avenue, at old mistick village.

Attachments

• PXL_20211113_183715820.jpg
    PXL_20211113_183715820.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 273
Just passed by the area. Doesn't look like any changes. No construction to be seen.

Taken from other side of coogan avenue, at old mistick village.

My wife works a private duty (shes a nurse) at Masonic Care, which is about 300 feet from this intended location. She checks it daily for me. Im stalking this one out for sure! HAHA!

Crickets on this one... ugh...
4 to 9 months after planning approval is about the usual range for when construction starts for most supercharger locations. This one got the planning ok in August 2021 (see first post), so construction start sometime between January and May would be normal. Plus Tesla's map shows their targeted opening date for the Mystic location is Q2 2022, which also tracks with that. So, I'm not sure why you think there should be anything besides crickets so far.

Reactions: kayak1
4 to 9 months after planning approval is about the usual range for when construction starts for most supercharger locations. This one got the planning ok in August 2021 (see first post), so construction start sometime between January and May would be normal. Plus Tesla's map shows their targeted opening date for the Mystic location is Q2 2022, which also tracks with that. So, I'm not sure why you think there should be anything besides crickets so far.

I was referring to the thread, but now that you’ve chimed in, yay! Crickets left!

By the way, 45 min up the road, Warwick RI just added a Supercharger from permit to opening with a few weeks in about 6 months. It’s not even on the TC map.

Good news!

There is a temporary fence around the area where the Superchargers stalls are going! Granted, wind knocked it over this weekend but it’s there. Also a truck is there to dig up some lawn!

Exciting!

Yes, took a look this morning. Site is being prepped and materials stockpiled. Overhead view below, will update with pics of the site.

IMG_0248.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and kayak1