TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Norfolk, VA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by LetsGoFast, Apr 23, 2015.

1. linkster

linkster Active Member

#81 linkster, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
    I will check the Norfolk super progress this Friday.

I think the Tesla test drive event is fri, sat, and sun. We will be at the Founders Inn at noon on saturday to help engage the public if anyone would care to join?

2. CatB

CatB Member

Where? What? When? How? Who?
    i will be nearby on Friday... :)

3. linkster

linkster Active Member

#83 linkster, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
    Any chance the '15 TMC Connect attendee :cool: might be able to check the progress of the Norfolk super on Friday and save me a trip? I would like to give updates every 2-3 days as we get close to completion for owners planning Va Beach or OBX vacations.

4. CatB

CatB Member

I was actually planning to stop by Friday or Saturday. I can take pix, but will need someone who has a clue to interpret them...lol

5. pgiralt

pgiralt Supporting Member

If the Tesla logos on the pedestals are lit up, that's usually a good sign that the site is up and running.

6. CatB

CatB Member

Well, yeah, and if they let me plug in and charge, you will hear the cheers across a few borders... but short of that... no promises, just pix and whatever the construction team tells me :)

7. linkster

linkster Active Member

#87 linkster, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Super crew has departed now that the site is complete with transformer and signage with the exception of parking lot tower lighting (guessing it's a landlord install). Still awaiting final power tie-in 450' away. Checked in with local proprietor who runs a 24-hr operation who in turn has checked with Janus landlord regarding temp. night time shut-down of area during tie-in, but no word as of yet. Even Dominion couldn't/wouldn't advise me (i propabaly needed to dig deeper up the chain).

btw, it has that crappy 30min General Parking signage, however, the site is located far from the stores so ICEing shouldn't be a problem
    image.jpg image.jpg

8. Monsieur X

Monsieur X Member

Thank you for your report and pictures Linkster,
    Hopefully the site will be up and running by Aug 10th on my passthru roadtrip
    Cheers

9. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

Heading to OBX on the 21st of August hoping that the SC will be up by then.

10. swegman

swegman Active Member

You should delete your address from your location setting so that every thief in the country does not know that your house will be vacant starting at that time.

11. linkster

linkster Active Member

#91 linkster, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    Stopped by saturday and sunday and got to meet some Southside :cool: owners. Very nice destination (2 80A HPWC) Inn along with a GREAT Tesla staff, plenty of test drive cars, displays, and refreshments.

No status change on the Norfolk super as of sunday.

12. swegman

swegman Active Member

Where are the 2 HPWC chargers located at Founder's Inn. Are these permanent installs?

13. bishop1847

bishop1847 Member

I was hoping to make it, but my two better halves (wife and P85D) were vacationing out by Roanoke and just got home. About how many local owners turned up? And was this something that the general public came out to (I got the invite email from Tesla, but forgot what the purpose was)?

14. linkster

linkster Active Member

Currently tying in (with s u p e r cool PTO pwrd hydraulic swedge tool :biggrin:) at the transformer and possibly a final tie-in to main feed later today for hopefully a weeks end cert.

image.jpg

15. CatB

CatB Member

^^^ I have absolutely no idea what this is, but if it helps me supercharge on Saturday morning on my way back from OBX, I love it :)!!

16. linkster

linkster Active Member

They are located at the pink pin. Yes, they are permanent installs for hotel guests only.
    image.jpg

17. swegman

swegman Active Member

What building are they next to? They were not there a few weeks ago. Or, maybe I should say that the employees were not aware of them a few weeks ago. Thanks

18. linkster

linkster Active Member

Dunno the names of the buildings on their property. However, the pink pin does mark the exact location (the end 2 parking spaces). The HPWCs were installed 7 days ago.

19. swegman

swegman Active Member

Thanks. From the photo it looks to be near the tennis courts and the pool with the water slide. Is this correct? If so, building 3 is the one closest to the chargers. Building 4 is the one next to the playground for dogs.

20. WATTS-UP

WATTS-UP Member

Swagman thanks for the heads up on the adress