Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Norfolk, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was by this afternoon ...... looks good ....... no power yet .......
Charger 1.jpg
Charger 2.jpg

Yep .... Just drop off the interstate ..... works great ....... has a 2 hour limit sign .... I was only there a short time just to test it out. I didn't check in with the office but personal were walking around and said hi .....

- - - Updated - - -

Opps ... hope your talking about the one at Founders Inn off the Indian River Road exit ...... the one at the shopping center isn't working that I know of yet ........

Yep .... Just drop off the interstate ..... works great ....... has a 2 hour limit sign .... I was only there a short time just to test it out. I didn't check in with the office but personal were walking around and said hi .....

- - - Updated - - -

Opps ... hope your talking about the one at Founders Inn off the Indian River Road exit ...... the one at the shopping center isn't working that I know of yet ........

Since this is a Supercharger thread, I thought you were posting about that, and YOUR pictures above.

I see you have edited your post I think. Oh well...looks like we will be detouring to Plymouth now.

Sorry about that .... there are pictures and comments about the new Founders Inn chargers back in this thread and I thought I had posted to that post. Glad we both checked .... I should have noted Founders Inn when I posted ..... have a great trip ......!!

I just passed by today at 1PM. The worker onsite said he doesn't expect the site to up before next week. As previously mentionned the utility need to plan to cut power to JANAF center for final hookup.

Thanks for the update Monsieur X.

I am still about 4 hours away, and I think we will try and hit up The Founders Inn in VB. (Are these available to NON-guests?)

Last edited:
It was my understanding that the Founders Inn HPWCs are for resort guests only. I would hate for them to feel like they are being taken advantage of so soon after install. I would recommend calling them and ask them if it's ok to use their HPWCs if you dine with them. You might consider The Commodore Theatre's HPWCs which are open to the public. Jus my $.02.

i assume your driving down the eastern shore from Salisbury? If your coming down 95 thru Glen Allen, your welcome to my 72A at exit 242 on 64 to top off.

It was my understanding that the Founders Inn HPWCs are for resort guests only. I would hate for them to feel like they are being taken advantage of so soon after install. I would recommend calling them and ask them if it's ok to use their HPWCs if you dine with them. You might consider The Commodore Theatre's HPWCs which are open to the public. Jus my $.02.

i assume your driving down the eastern shore from Salisbury? If your coming down 95 thru Glen Allen, your welcome to my 72A at exit 242 on 64 to top off.
I think you 2 cents is something everyone should consider. What you said is true for all hotel HPWCs-- they're installing them to attract guests to stay at their hotel. They're not in the business of giving away or even selling electricity. If they start getting approached by people just wanting a charge, the program will get a reputation as not being worth the bother.

I think you 2 cents is something everyone should consider. What you said is true for all hotel HPWCs-- they're installing them to attract guests to stay at their hotel. They're not in the business of giving away or even selling electricity. If they start getting approached by people just wanting a charge, the program will get a reputation as not being worth the bother.

Simple solution. I always call ahead and usually time my stops to coordinate with a meal time so that i can utilize the restaurant even if I am not looking to stay overninght.

If you have the CHAdeMO adapter, there are chargers nearby that charge at the rate of about 130+ miles per hour. Cost is $5/hr, prorated based on time. There is a Greenlots charger at 5753 Northampton Blvd., next to Bojangles (fast food chicken) restaurant.

Thanks for the Commodore Theater suggestion, that's where we topped off. The Owner Fred was very nice to us, showing us the fantastic restoration he has done, and it's history. If anyone is in the area, they do a nice dinner theater. He is a new Model S owner, and Model X reservation holder. If you need to charge, call ahead. I believe when not in use, the hpwc are locked up, so call first.

Just got an invite to a ribbon cutting on 8/19.

"The Tesla Supercharger Station in Norfolk, VA is now open, and we would like to invite you, your family, and your friends to attend the ribbon cutting ceremony and celebrate with us."