Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Bend, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve not followed Electrify much, so wasn’t sure what charging standard they were using

And how much does Electrify cost us?

Electrify America has its rates here.

Even in the ideal scenario that you get 50kW most of the way, for most packs it will take 75 to 90 minutes to charge from 0 to 90%. that is like 35 to 40 bucks... definitely not the first choice for most tesla owners even if no free supercharging included - just use them as emergency during extreme weather / congestion at regular superchargers, Ellensburg and Snoqualmie Pass comes to mind in this part of the world.

Holy smokes. That's relatively pricey.

Definitely a "Low SoC + Get enough juice to make it home or Supercharger" sort of scenario. Of course, that is what they might be aiming for too to prevent people from trying to top up over 80-90% but literally the idle fee is a nickel to a dime extra per minute.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
Holy smokes. That's relatively pricey.

Definitely a "Low SoC + Get enough juice to make it home or Supercharger" sort of scenario. Of course, that is what they might be aiming for too to prevent people from trying to top up over 80-90% but literally the idle fee is a nickel to a dime extra per minute.
It’s it their interest for you to stay longer and draw less power as they charge per minute. Both of which happed at high SOC

• Helpful
Reactions: Kermee
FYI - North Bend has been listed by a claimed insider on reddit as a SC v3 launch location. Don’t know if true, but worth a look! (See further discussion in the Forks WA thread)
Hm. From the way I read it it says it’s one one the V3 locations, not the one that will go live on Wed. But if that’s the case I’ll be there at 8PM! Can someone in the area swing by and check it out? @PLUS EV here is a short trip idea for you :)

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Yeah, the 75-90 minute number is where the error occurs here. It will be more like 2 hours for a 75 kWh battery, and a bit higher for larger ones, I think. 110-120 mph, and there will be tapering at the higher SOC as it charges.

I just charged my I-PACE at the EA station in North Bend last night. I added 36kWh in half an hour and paid $9.40. That gives me about 100 miles of range heading eastbound on I-90 if I go the speed limit. The next two CCS chargers are in Cle Elum (60 miles away) and Ellensburg (80 miles away).

Attachments

• IMG_20190329_183952.jpg
    IMG_20190329_183952.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20190329_190449.jpg
    IMG_20190329_190449.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
I just charged my I-PACE at the EA station in North Bend last night. I added 36kWh in half an hour and paid $9.40. That gives me about 100 miles of range heading eastbound on I-90 if I go the speed limit. The next two CCS chargers are in Cle Elum (60 miles away) and Ellensburg (80 miles away).
Nice.

If you were posting that as a counter-point to the comment you quoted, then you should re-read it in the context of the conversation at the time. BerTX was responding to hypothetical of a Tesla using a CHAdeMO adapter at an EA station. The CHAdeMO adapter is limited to 50 kW max. regardless of what the station can provide. You averaged ~72 kW over your whole session, well above what the adapter would allow.

I just charged my I-PACE at the EA station in North Bend last night. I added 36kWh in half an hour and paid $9.40. That gives me about 120 miles of range heading eastbound on I-90 if I go the speed limit. The next two CCS chargers are in Cle Elum (60 miles away) and Ellensburg (80 miles away).
Not sure what this has to do with my statements about charging speed for a Tesla
Nice.

If you were posting that as a counter-point to the comment you quoted, then you should re-read it in the context of the conversation at the time. BerTX was responding to hypothetical of a Tesla using a CHAdeMO adapter at an EA station. The CHAdeMO adapter is limited to 50 kW max. regardless of what the station can provide. You averaged ~72 kW over your whole session, well above what the adapter would allow.
Yeah, I was going to make those comments, but then decided that @Chayton was just looking for an excuse to talk about their I-Pace. Nice looking car. It would be nice going on trips in Canada where there is increasing CCS coverage.

Status of Private Development Projects in North Bend, WA [pdf] (as of March 2019)
"A2. Commercial: Tesla EV Charging Station: Proposal to install 13 supercharger posts at SW Corner of Outlet Mall. Building permit submittal under review."

North Bend Building Permit: BLD2019-5139
Description: Install 13 electric vehicle charging stations at existing parking stalls with associated equipment....

Address: 461 S Fork Ave SW, North Bend, WA 98045
GPS (guess): 47.490704, -121.795890

Supercharger- North Bend, WA_permit.JPG

I'm about 98-99% certain I have spotted a supercharger under construction in the eastern corner of the parking lot of the North Bend Premium Outlets. ....
Vindication for PLUSEV. You weren't wrong about superchargers at the Outlets, you just jumped the gun a little bit.
FYI - North Bend has been listed by a claimed insider on reddit as a SC v3 launch location. Don’t know if true, but worth a look! (See further discussion in the Forks WA thread)
Looks like /u/NetBrown was right about North Bend. They were certainly right on their description of V3 cabinets, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised if that's what these turn out to be. Hopefully they were right about a Forks supercharger also being relatively imminent.

I'll be pretty surprised if it's actually 13 superchargers. I think 12 superchargers + 1 L2 station is much more likely. Also, for those looking for additional connections to Tesla since there aren't any explicit ones on the permit, Barghausen was also who pulled the Auburn building permits.

Status of Private Development Projects in North Bend, WA [pdf] (as of March 2019)
"A2. Commercial: Tesla EV Charging Station: Proposal to install 13 supercharger posts at SW Corner of Outlet Mall. Building permit submittal under review."

Description: Install 13 electric vehicle charging stations at existing parking stalls with associated equipment....

View attachment 449771

Vindication for PLUSEV. You weren't wrong about superchargers at the Outlets, you just jumped the gun a little bit.

Looks like /u/NetBrown was right about North Bend. They were certainly right on their description of V3 cabinets, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised if that's what these turn out to be. Hopefully they were right about a Forks supercharger also being relatively imminent.

I'll be pretty surprised if it's actually 13 superchargers. I think 12 superchargers + 1 L2 station is much more likely. Also, for those looking for additional connections to Tesla since there aren't any explicit ones on the permit, Barghausen was also who pulled the Auburn building permits.

View attachment 449771

I just called barghausen consulting group to confirm. Superchargers are coming to north bend

I-90

North Bend, WA

Along Primary Interstates: I-90
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-90

To: Cle Elum, WA - 56.6 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Ellensburg, WA - 79.9 miles

I-90 density, and improved connection to I-5 and beyond.