Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pocatello, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive pulled up with one other person Once In pocatello and once In yellowstone while I was visiting. Im sure that will all change once M3 arrives

I don't see it changing all that much through 2020 anyway.

Most Model S/X owners don't use SCs with any frequency now. Even if the last credible number I saw triples, that's 30% for the M3, and 30% of 250,000 (half of a fully-ramped year of production - half for the US, that is) is only 83,000 cars. Figuring 40% for California, that leaves less than 1,000 cars for each of the rest of the states.

So we're good through 2020 easily at 1,000 cars per state exclusive of California per year. The SC network is supposed to double by the end of 2017 as well.

All is well :).

I don't see it changing all that much through 2020 anyway.

Most Model S/X owners don't use SCs with any frequency now. Even if the last credible number I saw triples, that's 30% for the M3, and 30% of 250,000 (half of a fully-ramped year of production - half for the US, that is) is only 83,000 cars. Figuring 40% for California, that leaves less than 1,000 cars for each of the rest of the states.

So we're good through 2020 easily at 1,000 cars per state exclusive of California per year. The SC network is supposed to double by the end of 2017 as well.

All is well :).

Yeah, I meant once model 3 came down the pipe as you stated around 2020. Obviously not the first few years of production as we know tesla wont pump them out that fast. Although I do hope by that time, tesla has implemented more SC. Also I wonder how many people that buy the M3 will also pay for supercharching. I for one wont on my M3 since the S is the road trip car.

Hard to imagine it could be any worse than Lusk on the travel days for the Tesla Rally in Custer. (Four stalls and lots of folks coming from the Denver/Ft. Collins/Colorado Springs areas.) Plan for an extra hour and you should be fine. I think traffic in general will probably be the bigger problem.

I also think finding a room in the area will be more problematic than finding an empty stall in Poky.

I am contemplating driving my S up as well. Many in the area have never seen much less driven a Tesla. Should be fun showing my old buddies the future.

Last edited: