TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Ocala, FL

Discussion in 'Florida' started by airj1012, Aug 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Tyl

Tyl Member

Ahhhh Haaaaaa! .... two parking spots to the left of the trucks..... lower left hand corner! I wish I had a quad-copter and a GoPro!! Great photos!! I wish every SC site had such a good view of what is going on and a view of the surrounding area!!! Thanks for the photos and the 360 degree views. Awesome! ......just an awesome overview of this site!

2. KeithM

KeithM Member

Hi Tyl - Glad you liked the 360 pano.
    The crew worked all weekend and accomplished a lot. All charging pedestals are now in place and the pads for the equipment have been poured. The reason for two pads is the property manager would not allow the tree between the pads to be removed and there is insufficient room on either side of the tree for a single pad. The crew had to excavate around the tree root system to run the conduit. Quite a bit more fencing around the equipment will be needed because of the separate pads.

The transformer will eventually be located where the yellow arrow points in the previously posted picture, but the pad has not yet been poured. The power will probably be run from a primary loop that is located across the street. (For orientation, if you follow the green fence in the 360 pano away from the highway to the street, the underground concrete electrical box is located at the yellow arrow in the attached photo.) The site will probably be finished next week, but likely won't be powered until sometime in October. The power connection seems to be the delay in several SC sites.

Attached Files:

3. linkster

linkster Active Member

OK ! That was ridiculously cool Keith! Can't wait to see it in person in 3 weeks.

Thanks for all the updates.

still kinda confused about the "hole" in JAX though.......:confused:

4. hoofhrtd1254

hoofhrtd1254 Member

Here's an update as of today. I'm not in the Tesla "club" yet but hope to be with the Model 3. uploadfromtaptalk1410126968423.jpg

5. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Participate in the forums and post pictures like that and you are in the "club" for sure. I hope you also become an owner someday soon!

Thanks for the update!

6. Larry Chanin

Larry Chanin President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts

Hi,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the photo.

As Cottonwood stated you're already a member of the TMC club. As far as our Florida Tesla club goes we would love to have you as a member even if your Tesla ownership is a few years away. Please click on the link in my signature to be taken to our sign-up page and to learn a little about our club. You'll notice that owning a Tesla is not a prerequisite to joining.

Regards,

Larry

7. linkster

linkster Active Member

#27 linkster, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
    Larry,

I was wondering if the FTE president and board would consider making Cottonwood an honorary member in light of his tremendous contribution to the TMC. Heck, he might even fly into Ocala on the "Super" opening day to accept his official membership shirt. :biggrin:

hoofhrtd1254,

Many of us current S owners are CRAAZY excited about adding a Model ☰ to our garages.

8. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

UGH! now there are no excuses for not visiting my in laws in Ocala!:rolleyes:

9. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Superchargers are not designed for destination charging. They are only available for those passing through town...:wink:

10. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

Don't know what you mean...I live in Coral Springs 300 miles away, I think I will qualify if you are the SC Police!

11. Science->Truth

I think they were giving you the reason/excuse you (might) need (IF you don't want to visit Ocala)--just b/c a SC is there, doesn't require you to visit, since they are designed for drivers "passing thru".

12. BryanS

BryanS Member

Here are some pictures from today to show the ongoing progress.
    IMG_9703a.jpg IMG_9704a.jpg IMG_9705a.jpg IMG_9706a.jpg IMG_9707a.jpg

13. hoofhrtd1254

hoofhrtd1254 Member

Anyone know if they'll be adding an overhang of some sort? Looking good though.

14. BryanS

BryanS Member

Given the location I doubt they'll be adding any overhang or covered area.

15. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

Bryan, Thanks for the pics! I've never seen a site with elements wrapped in plastic before. Do you think the wiring is complete?

16. BryanS

BryanS Member

There is currently no transformer in place where KeithM says it may be located. There is also no pad in place at this time. The electric company will be the holdup - which seems to be pretty typical. With that said, I'd say a good portion of the wiring is done given the look of the site.

17. Kutu

Kutu Member

I was told, even before the Ocala worked started, that the power company would be the hold-up. The info said they would be at least 3 weeks after the other work was complete.

18. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

This is almost the identical situation Tampa has experienced.

19. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Utilities are always the ones the create the delays.

20. DavidM

DavidM P2624, Delivered

I just found this tread. From the progress shown in the photos, I'd guess there would be a ribbon cutting sometime in October. Hope to see all of you there! Thanks for the updates.