Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ocala, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to Ocala Utilities this morning to inquire as to when this supercharger will go live. I was told that Ocala Utilities won't be activating it. Sumter Electric will. Waiting to hear back from Sumter with a date certain. Would be great to have it online for the Gator game this weekend.

If the red TESLA logo on each charging post is lit up, that would be a good indication that power is on.

Not quite ready....

As if this afternoon:
vutedydy.jpg

2ama2e6a.jpg

y9ype6ur.jpg

e9e5ehy6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Stopped by today. No change. I noticed the signs are not yet in place. Really weird to get into. The entry way does not let you drive directly to the chargers.
Here are a couple pictures. The transformer is for Cottonwood :)

Site.jpg
Transformer.jpg

Visited the site this afternoon. The transformer and concrete pad were placed over the frame visible in post #43 of this thread.

Jrreno's photo above in post #73 of the transformer, shows marks in each corner of the transformer concrete pad. These are lifting eyes. It appears the transformer and pad as an assembly were lifted in place with a small crane. There is no evidence that any power has been connected to the transformer. No marks or other indiction of digging in the grass or pavement that the conduit would need to cross is evident.

It appears the delay is now due to no power to the transformer because the conduit and wiring has not been installed.

Last edited:
Post 20 in this thread shows the conduit for the Utility Transformer. Most utility transformer pads are pre cast with a cutout in them and are ust set on the ground over the conduit. It would have been really unusual for them to have a utility transformer in place without the conduit . I think this site only needs wiring, testing and final certification. Should be "soon"! Anyone been by lately to check?