TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Ocala, FL

Discussion in 'Florida' started by airj1012, Aug 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Mnlevin

Mnlevin Member

I will be there Saturday, passing through on my way home from Mass. I would prefer if it was working, but will get by with a 110v charge at my in laws house if not. Hoping someone gets moving on this today or tomorrow.

2. hoofhrtd1254

hoofhrtd1254 Member

Is there a way to visually check this? Only because I pass by it everyday and would be happy to check on it.

3. jbabb

jbabb Member

If the red TESLA logo on each charging post is lit up, that would be a good indication that power is on.

4. hoofhrtd1254

hoofhrtd1254 Member

#64 hoofhrtd1254, Oct 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
    Not quite ready....

As if this afternoon:
    vutedydy.jpg
    2ama2e6a.jpg
    y9ype6ur.jpg
    e9e5ehy6.jpg

5. KeithM

KeithM Member

Looks like the transformer has been installed. That's a big change. Shouldn't be long now.

Wait... The picture of the transformer doesn't look right. Has the image been flipped?

6. hoofhrtd1254

hoofhrtd1254 Member

Yeah, lol taken in my side mirror.

7. hoofhrtd1254

hoofhrtd1254 Member

Update - still no power.

8. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

Thanks for the updates guys! Keep'm comin

9. Lawsteve

Lawsteve MCATDT

#blame jameis

10. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

Hahahaha :)

11. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

Man, Ocala sure is taking a long time... I hope we don't have another Greenville, SC on our hands... :scared:

12. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Supporting Member

My niece was here this weekend and told me the supercharger location is right outside her apartment complex. I'll see if she is willing to check on it daily!

13. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

Stopped by today. No change. I noticed the signs are not yet in place. Really weird to get into. The entry way does not let you drive directly to the chargers.
    Here are a couple pictures. The transformer is for Cottonwood :)

Site.jpg Transformer.jpg

14. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Thank you! The transformer looks very nice!!! :biggrin:

15. BryanS

BryanS Member

The easiest way to get to the chargers is to go in via the Dicks Sport Goods entrance then take the first available right.

16. G8rbev

G8rbev Member

Is there anyone in Sumter Electric or Tesla we can call to get this Ocala charger activated? This is getting ridiculous....

17. KeithM

KeithM Member

#77 KeithM, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Visited the site this afternoon. The transformer and concrete pad were placed over the frame visible in post #43 of this thread.

Jrreno's photo above in post #73 of the transformer, shows marks in each corner of the transformer concrete pad. These are lifting eyes. It appears the transformer and pad as an assembly were lifted in place with a small crane. There is no evidence that any power has been connected to the transformer. No marks or other indiction of digging in the grass or pavement that the conduit would need to cross is evident.

It appears the delay is now due to no power to the transformer because the conduit and wiring has not been installed.

18. Tyl

Tyl Member

Post 20 in this thread shows the conduit for the Utility Transformer. Most utility transformer pads are pre cast with a cutout in them and are ust set on the ground over the conduit. It would have been really unusual for them to have a utility transformer in place without the conduit . I think this site only needs wiring, testing and final certification. Should be "soon"! Anyone been by lately to check?

19. SeminoleFSU

SeminoleFSU Voluntaryist

I'm getting a little nervous about this one because it has been "almost complete" for a while... seems like progress has stalled... hopefully it's just "turn it on" and the power company is the delay.. I need this bad boy in November!

20. KeithM

KeithM Member

Stopped by this afternoon. The transformer is powered. I can hear it humming. The electric meter is installed and powered. Only thing that is obviously missing are the parking signs and labeling the pedestals, (!A, 2A, 3A, etc). Tried to charge, but could not.