Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Oxnard Supercharger signage is so ambiguous I ask this forum what the signs mean. Please reply:

--2 stalls have signs that say "Electric Vehicle Parking Only."--Why does this prevent other EV owners, such as a Leaf, from parking there?

--6 signs that span 8 stalls say, "2 Hour Parking."--Does this mean a Tesla owner charging may only stay a maximum of 2 hours while charging? May an ICE vehicle park there for 2 hours? The signage just says "2 Hour Parking" and does not have a Tesla Logo or the word "Tesla" on the signs.

--8 signs for the the new construction 8 new stalls say, "30 Minute General Parking." Does this mean that a Tesla owner may only charge in these 8 new stalls for 30 minutes or less? Why do these new signs have the phrase "General Parking" in them if ICE vehicles are not allowed to park there? These signs have the Tesla name and logo.

A prior post erroneously states that the expansion makes Oxnard 20 total bays. It will be 18.

The Oxnard Supercharger signage is so ambiguous I ask this forum what the signs mean. Please reply:

--2 stalls have signs that say "Electric Vehicle Parking Only."--Why does this prevent other EV owners, such as a Leaf, from parking there?

Nothing, I could be wrong however. I know Washington has a law where the electric car must be CHARGING to park in the ev space. I don't think California has that law

--6 signs that span 8 stalls say, "2 Hour Parking."--Does this mean a Tesla owner charging may only stay a maximum of 2 hours while charging? May an ICE vehicle park there for 2 hours? The signage just says "2 Hour Parking" and does not have a Tesla Logo or the word "Tesla" on the signs.

This sign does not apply to Tesla's charging. It applies to all other vehicles being able to park there for up to 2 hours.

--8 signs for the the new construction 8 new stalls say, "30 Minute General Parking." Does this mean that a Tesla owner may only charge in these 8 new stalls for 30 minutes or less? Why do these new signs have the phrase "General Parking" in them if ICE vehicles are not allowed to park there? These signs have the Tesla name and logo.

Same as above.

A prior post erroneously states that the expansion makes Oxnard 20 total bays. It will be 18.

On Sunday afternoon there were 6 chargers that weren't in service (far right) when I was over there. But plenty of availability on Memorial Day weekend...was pleasantly surprised.
IMG_5712.jpg

Reactions: Tech_Guy
Here are photos of the signs. The eight new construction stalls say "30 Minute General Parking." Does this mean that a Tesla owner may only charge for a maximum of 30 minutes? This is too short a session. Does it mean the stalls are to be shared with ICE vehicles which may park there for up to 30 minutes blocking Tesla owners from charging? There are seven stalls that say "2 Hour Parking." Does that mean an ICE vehicle may park there for up to 2 hours blocking the Tesla owners? Three stalls say "Electric Vehicle Parking Only." Does that mean any EV owner, such as a Leaf or Bolt may park there blocking Tesla owners from charging?

Attachments

• Supercharger Oxnard1.JPG
    Supercharger Oxnard1.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Supercharger Oxnard2.JPG
    Supercharger Oxnard2.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 68
30 min general parking means an ICE can park there up to 30 minutes. It's not a time limit on your charging. Don't blame a Tesla-- it means the landlord wasn't willing (or legally able under zoning regulations) to give exclusive use of those spaces for charging.

30 min general parking means an ICE can park there up to 30 minutes. It's not a time limit on your charging. Don't blame a Tesla-- it means the landlord wasn't willing (or legally able under zoning regulations) to give exclusive use of those spaces for charging.
TexasEV--If you are correct in your interpretation of the signage then the "2 Hour Parking" signs that span 7 charging bays means that ICEs may park in those SEVEN bays for 2 hours, blocking Teslas from charging?

Attachments

• Supercharger Oxnard2.JPG
    Supercharger Oxnard2.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 65
Yes. At many supercharger locations Tesla was given exclusive use of half of the spaces and shared use of the other half. There was a lease from another location posted here a few years ago that said the usage would be evaluated after a period of time and additional spaces would be made exclusive if there was demand for it. Obviously there's demand at a location that's being expanded so there must be other considerations, like parking space ratios.

You'll see the suggestion in other threads here to preferentially use the "general parking" spaces first so the exclusive spaces remain available for arriving Teslas.

Went to Santa Barbara for the day on Sunday with the family, arrived at the Oxnard SC and there was an "attendant" there hired by the mall to direct waiting owners. I had pulled up and someone else had just pulled up right before me, so when I pulled up the attendant informed me that there was 1 person ahead of me. I waited like 5 minutes before I was able to charge, got the kids some fro-yo (LoL), the wifey and I got some starbucks, her and my daughter did a little shopping in H&M and then we were on our way!!!! When we were leaving, there were about 2-3 open spots.

We were actually there last week too, my sister-in-law graduated from a bible school near there and we meet at the collections to eat with my family and some of my wife's family. We ate at a Mediterranean restaurant called "Luna Grill" that was pretty good!

Here are photos of the signs. The eight new construction stalls say "30 Minute General Parking." Does this mean that a Tesla owner may only charge for a maximum of 30 minutes? This is too short a session. Does it mean the stalls are to be shared with ICE vehicles which may park there for up to 30 minutes blocking Tesla owners from charging? There are seven stalls that say "2 Hour Parking." Does that mean an ICE vehicle may park there for up to 2 hours blocking the Tesla owners? Three stalls say "Electric Vehicle Parking Only." Does that mean any EV owner, such as a Leaf or Bolt may park there blocking Tesla owners from charging?
Does this expansion (10 original + 8 expansion = 18 total) make Oxnard now the largest (in terms of stalls) North America Supercharger site?

Bruce.
Yeah! Unless Tesla gets Fremont 2 completed

We were there Monday on our way to tour the factory in Fremont. Workmen were digging holes in the ground right behind our supercharger. We walked to Larsen's, a few minutes away. It is a gem! Fifteen bucks for a huge French dip that we split, and still took some away in a box. The place is of the quality of a first-class hotel. Check it out.

• Informative
Reactions: AssortedBread