Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Oxnard, CA (EXPANDED Jun 2018, now 20 total)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited this SC and it seemed that all chargers were working perfectly. This place gets really busy after 11 AM. Not too fond of the location only because it seems that people drive too fast and don't recognize that you are going to back into a space.

Similar to Downey location.

I visited this SC and it seemed that all chargers were working perfectly. This place gets really busy after 11 AM. Not too fond of the location only because it seems that people drive too fast and don't recognize that you are going to back into a space.

Similar to Downey location.
I used this charger on my way back from the SpaceX launch and there was 1 stall that was down and had tape on it to indicate it was out of commission. I guess they fixed that pretty quick then :)

Reactions: rrosenbl
I used this charger on my way back from the SpaceX launch and there was 1 stall that was down and had tape on it to indicate it was out of commission. I guess they fixed that pretty quick then :)

Probably not, we visited it on Saturday but I did not notice any stations down. The SuperCharger was full by the time we left.

So its possible it is still down since you have a more recent data point.

I didn't see any additional guard rails, but I could have just missed it.

It was nearly full this evening.
IMG_20181014_182520.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Chuq
supercharge.info also says it is only 18 stalls as does the title of this thread. Are you sure there are 20 stalls? Can anyone stop and count next time and update this thread?
Someone else can validate my count. That would be a good thing, just to make absolutely sure.
But I've stopped there twice (in different months) and counted, and in the photo I posted yesterday, all 20 charging stalls are visible.

The last two stalls were added a few months back.

Reactions: Doug Martoccia
I didn't count them, but our Model X shows 20 stalls last week when we stopped by on the way up the coast and on the way down. We drove up on Wednesday, and there were only 4 cars there. The outdoor mall looks dead at lunch time. It was amazing and refreshing after seeing how crowded the SoCal chargers are. Walk around, ate lunch, get Starbucks, shop at Whole Food for more road snacks... didn't even feel like we were making a necessary stop to charge up.

On the way back on Saturday, the outdoor mall was packed, and there was a Tesla pop up tent by Starbucks with 6 or 7 Teslas there for people to sit in.. or maybe test drive? But even though the place was pretty crowded, there were 14 out of 20 stalls OPEN. Only 6 to 8 Tesla were there charging. It was never even half full. I highly recommend this stop if anyone is driving up or down the coast. A charge here is enough to reach the Madonna Inn charger up north or any of the Los Angeles chargers toward the south.

I noticed that @TerranApart picture above showing 18 Teslas there on a Sunday evening. I wonder if some of those are ones used by Tesla pop up on the weekends for demo? Maybe they were just parked there to charge up to drive back to where ever they came from.

Last edited:
Reactions: TerranApart
I didn't count them, but our Model X shows 20 stalls last week when we stopped by on the way up the coast and on the way down. We drove up on Wednesday, and there were only 4 cars there. The outdoor mall looks dead at lunch time. It was amazing and refreshing after seeing how crowded the SoCal chargers are. Walk around, ate lunch, get Starbucks, shop at Whole Food for more road snacks... didn't even feel like we were making a necessary stop to charge up.

On the way back on Saturday, the outdoor mall was packed, and there was a Tesla pop up tent by Starbucks with 6 or 7 Teslas there for people to sit in.. or maybe test drive? But even though the place was pretty crowded, there were 14 out of 20 stalls OPEN. Only 6 to 8 Tesla were there charging. It was never even half full. I highly recommend this stop if anyone is driving up or down the coast. A charge here is enough to reach the Madonna Inn charger up north or any of the Los Angeles chargers toward the south.

I noticed that @TerranApart picture above showing 18 Teslas there on a Sunday evening. I wonder if some of those are ones used by Tesla pop up on the weekends for demo? Maybe they were just parked there to charge up to drive back to where ever they came from.
Thanks for double checking!

@ecarfan @BlueShift is this enough confirmation (including my picture above showing 20 stalls) to update the thread title and the map to reflect that Oxnard has 20 stalls now?

Sometimes it takes a newfangled Tesla Supercharger station to discover the old ways of California.

This stretch of the 101 is oft-forgotten as folks jaunt to parts north or south. It leaves a treasure for those who venture just a couple miles beyond the 101 to the coast - where beach parking is ample and free, folks drive a little slower and there is acres of agriculture.

It's how I remember Orange County not too long ago, which sadly has lost the orange groves and strawberry farms of my youth.

When you return, I highly recommend downtown Ventura, the beaches along Rincon Parkway and of course, Carpinteria. Also, on your way back to Rancho Cucamonga, be sure to take Highway 126 - it's a total throwback and worth the extra miles in exchange for the lack of LA traffic.

When you return, I highly recommend downtown Ventura, the beaches along Rincon Parkway and of course, Carpinteria. Also, on your way back to Rancho Cucamonga, be sure to take Highway 126 - it's a total throwback and worth the extra miles in exchange for the lack of LA traffic.

Actually we go to Oxnard and Ventura quite often. My wife's best friend lives in Ojai. I will keep 126 in mind thanks! Actually this time we had to take 118. The 110 was completely deadlocked. Actually the entire 210 was like a parking lot on last Saturday.

Reactions: john85775
Actually we go to Oxnard and Ventura quite often. My wife's best friend lives in Ojai. I will keep 126 in mind thanks! Actually this time we had to take 118. The 110 was completely deadlocked. Actually the entire 210 was like a parking lot on last Saturday.

So glad you're making the frequent visits! We made the jump from OC to this part of the world several years ago and haven't looked back. It's truly an incredible place. Cheers.