Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Palmdale, CA (LIVE 19 Oct 2020, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a lot of real estate to cover. Evidently they are building, or are about to build, it somewhere. We just haven't figured it out yet. Actually, on my way south to that construction site on West 10th Street, I passed a derelict gas station in the weeds. I thought, that would be a perfect location. I should have snapped a pic. lol

Don't shoot the messenger.
I just got off the phone with the building permit division of Palmdale. They only post the building permits online once they are finalized. Then, the only way one can search for it is if we know the address. Darn!! Anyway, she said though she cannot give out information to the public, she has no recollection of Tesla requesting a permit.

• Informative
Reactions: arroyobass
I just got off the phone with the building permit division of Palmdale. They only post the building permits online once they are finalized. Then, the only way one can search for it is if we know the address. Darn!! Anyway, she said though she cannot give out information to the public, she has no recollection of Tesla requesting a permit.
Wow. That's messed up.

Reactions: arroyobass
Don't be too worried about this yet, Tesla isn't really precise when it comes to naming superchargers. Them saying a supercharger is coming to "Palmdale, CA" doesn't necessarily mean it's actually within the city limits, even being somewhat nearby is sufficient. In the case that it's on unincorporated land, the city wouldn't have any involvement in the permitting and the local office very well might not know anything about it. You'd have to search the LA County permitting database to see it.

Last edited:

A lot of times the permits are pulled by the contractors who build the superchargers, not Tesla.

Don't be too worried about this yet, Tesla isn't really precise when it comes to naming superchargers. Them saying a supercharger is coming to "Palmdale, CA" doesn't necessarily mean it's actually within the city limits, even being somewhat nearby is sufficient. In the case that it's on unincorporated land, the city wouldn't have any involvement in the permitting and the local office very well might not know anything about it. You'd have to search the LA County permitting database to see it.

I suppose if that is the case, we should be searching Lancaster too.

Very good point. The search is on!

Slightly off topic, but KB Home has new construction going on in the Antelope Valley in various areas. Since Tesla sales are going through the roof, I contacted KB Home and suggested that they wire new homes for garage chargers and pointed out that Tesla could consult on that. I added that doing so would give them a competitive advantage. The reply said they would talk to their architectural and electrical experts about it.

AV Mall would be perfect. Lots of restaurants there, lots of shops to visit.

There is a project near the AV mall that sounds like it might be a good spot for the supercharger. They are building a Sprouts as well as some apartments, townhouses, and new restaurants! I'm betting this is where it's going to be.

Sprouts center gets Council approval

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
There is a project near the AV mall that sounds like it might be a good spot for the supercharger. They are building a Sprouts as well as some apartments, townhouses, and new restaurants! I'm betting this is where it's going to be.

Sprouts center gets Council approval
Oh cool. I did not know about the Sprouts. I shop at one in Burbank when I'm over that way. Thanks for the info.