Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Palmdale, CA (LIVE 19 Oct 2020, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, I meant Hesperia! That area is growing and running together!

See link below for the story!

42 More Target Stores To Host Tesla Supercharger Stations

There's a separate thread about Adelanto charger. I've been going by Adelanto about once a month for the last few months. I really question the need for it. Kramer Junction would be the more important charger to be built.

Both Palmdale and Kramer Junction would be much better diversions when Mojave and Inyokern goes down.

Supercharger - Adelanto, CA (location not exactly known, 16 stalls)

I think the Adelanto Supercharger was an easy location to add into the system with the Target agreement. I agree Kramer Junction would be a good location otherwise you've got to go all the way into Mojave, which is often full. I've had to wait several times at that location.

There's a separate thread about Adelanto charger. I've been going by Adelanto about once a month for the last few months. I really question the need for it. Kramer Junction would be the more important charger to be built.

Both Palmdale and Kramer Junction would be much better diversions when Mojave and Inyokern goes down.

Supercharger - Adelanto, CA (location not exactly known, 16 stalls)
Adelanto makes driving 395 to the Owens Valley from San Diego way more efficient. Without it you have to charge in the Inland Empire at a fairly high SoC to make it to Inyokern. Kramer Junction would also be nice depending on the vehicle and departure SoC.

Don’t see much change, needs a pour between the curbs and asphalt and maybe some paint for the lanes. 9/16/20
5F754742-84D3-4E5E-8C47-213D5625C323.jpeg

Checked on it yesterday. It looks almost done. Finally. View attachment 589849View attachment 589850 View attachment 589851
Thanks for the update! Any evidence that the local electric utility has connected to the Tesla equipment yet? I do not recall ever seeing a local utility's equipment located inside the Tesla equipment enclosure at any SC site, but it's nearby when it's not sitting right next to the enclosure. Is there a new big green utility transformer somewhere nearby? I see what might be a junction box behind yellow bollards across the lot to the northeast, but I can't tell if it's new.