TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger parking fee when not charging introduced.

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by Blue heaven, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Blue heaven

Blue heaven Member

2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

3. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

It is listed in the blog post as AUD 0.55 per minute.

4. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Ok, I swear I saw $0.56 AUD... perhaps they changed it, perhaps it's eye strain from looking at the computer. (or age) ;)

5. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

New rweets from Elon, they are going to modify it so if a supercger is basically deserted, no problem and no charge.

6. Brian May

Brian May Member

Sounds like a good idea, however (1) doesn't help with chargers being ICEd - which I gather is a bigger problem here, (2) the Android app isn't always reliable at informing me when car is charged - I have found notifications can go missing for no apparent reason or get delayed by hours (in fact happened to me every charge last week; yes Internet connectivity is good), (3) five minutes to get from whatever you are doing back to your car doesn't sound like much - particularly as I have found the car often charges 5 minutes early compared with estimates - would be better if the app could be programmed to warn you X minutes in advance of estimated time of car being fully charged.

7. raynewman

raynewman Member

I have found that the App on an Huawei P9 can't be convinced to make a noise with the notification; also, as you say, a lot of the notifications just go missing. I'd hate to have to go back to Apple just for this.

8. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

They probably get lost on the round trip to GChina :)

• Funny x 3
  9. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

LOL. The MSS must just delete them for fun.

10. lonewolf313

lonewolf313 Member

ICE vehicles should be fined (by a local Council Ranger) if they block a Supercharger stall dedicated to Tesla vehicles only or when they exceed the parking limit of that particular stall.

Not so critical now but with the release of Model 3, this may become more of an ongoing issue

11. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

IMG_0735.PNG Supercharging at the Big Banana and just got this notification. Needed to spend a penny but given the hike to the facilities will probably end up spending a few dollars lol

• Informative x 2
  12. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

When you get advice there usually another 10 mins to go. So, you have a total of 15 mins to spend your penny!

13. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Were you the only car there?
    It's supposed to kick in if the charger is congested (more than half full). I wonder how it handles small 2-charger sites. Does one's own car trigger the "it's congested" rule?

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. lonewolf313

lonewolf313 Member

Details from the official Tesla site conflict with what I have seen from a Facebook or Twitter post by Elon Musk

Do idle fees apply if there are Supercharger spots still available?
    Yes, idle fees apply to any car occupying a Supercharger stall once the charge session is complete.

15. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Yes I think the official copy on the website hasn't caught up with Elon's changes.
    The software itself has caught up though, people are seeing a difference in app notifications between congested and non-congested superchargers.

16. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

The only car there so yes it was half full :)
    Only congestion that I could see was the hundreds of nippers queuing for the water slides. The one that goes up the big hill then around & downhill looks like a lot of fun.

17. TesAus

TesAus Member

So how will this work at sites such as Goulburn which allow general parking for non Tesla vehicles for 30(?) minutes.

It would be perverse if a recently completed supercharging Tesla got a "fine" but an ICE vehicle can park there with no consequence...

• Like x 1