Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger parking fee when not charging introduced.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like a good idea, however (1) doesn't help with chargers being ICEd - which I gather is a bigger problem here, (2) the Android app isn't always reliable at informing me when car is charged - I have found notifications can go missing for no apparent reason or get delayed by hours (in fact happened to me every charge last week; yes Internet connectivity is good), (3) five minutes to get from whatever you are doing back to your car doesn't sound like much - particularly as I have found the car often charges 5 minutes early compared with estimates - would be better if the app could be programmed to warn you X minutes in advance of estimated time of car being fully charged.

Sounds like a good idea, however (1) doesn't help with chargers being ICEd - which I gather is a bigger problem here, (2) the Android app isn't always reliable at informing me when car is charged - I have found notifications can go missing for no apparent reason or get delayed by hours (in fact happened to me every charge last week; yes Internet connectivity is good), (3) five minutes to get from whatever you are doing back to your car doesn't sound like much - particularly as I have found the car often charges 5 minutes early compared with estimates - would be better if the app could be programmed to warn you X minutes in advance of estimated time of car being fully charged.
I have found that the App on an Huawei P9 can't be convinced to make a noise with the notification; also, as you say, a lot of the notifications just go missing. I'd hate to have to go back to Apple just for this.

Sounds like a good idea, however (1) doesn't help with chargers being ICEd - which I gather is a bigger problem here,

ICE vehicles should be fined (by a local Council Ranger) if they block a Supercharger stall dedicated to Tesla vehicles only or when they exceed the parking limit of that particular stall.

Not so critical now but with the release of Model 3, this may become more of an ongoing issue

IMG_0735.PNG
Supercharging at the Big Banana and just got this notification. Needed to spend a penny but given the hike to the facilities will probably end up spending a few dollars lol

View attachment 206702 Supercharging at the Big Banana and just got this notification. Needed to spend a penny but given the hike to the facilities will probably end up spending a few dollars lol
Were you the only car there?
It's supposed to kick in if the charger is congested (more than half full). I wonder how it handles small 2-charger sites. Does one's own car trigger the "it's congested" rule?

It's supposed to kick in if the charger is congested (more than half full). I wonder how it handles small 2-charger sites. Does one's own car trigger the "it's congested" rule?

Details from the official Tesla site conflict with what I have seen from a Facebook or Twitter post by Elon Musk

Do idle fees apply if there are Supercharger spots still available?
Yes, idle fees apply to any car occupying a Supercharger stall once the charge session is complete.

Details from the official Tesla site conflict with what I have seen from a Facebook or Twitter post by Elon Musk

Do idle fees apply if there are Supercharger spots still available?
Yes, idle fees apply to any car occupying a Supercharger stall once the charge session is complete.
Yes I think the official copy on the website hasn't caught up with Elon's changes.
The software itself has caught up though, people are seeing a difference in app notifications between congested and non-congested superchargers.

Were you the only car there?

The only car there so yes it was half full :)
Only congestion that I could see was the hundreds of nippers queuing for the water slides. The one that goes up the big hill then around & downhill looks like a lot of fun.