Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA (LIVE 26 Nov 2019, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't Tesla already have a policy of charging the same price throughout each state? I would assume they'll charge $0.28/kWh, like they do at all the other SCs in the state.

it'll be interesting to see if the city DCFCs will be cheaper, though.
No, Tesla used to have statewide pricing but they don't anymore. Now all supercharger sites have individual pricing and there are lots of superchargers in California whose rate isn't $0.28/kWh.

• Informative
Reactions: RubberToe
With inspections schedule for Dec, there's no chance in this going live this week?

Someone mentioned up thread about a possible inspection today. The Pasadena permit and inspection website tends to be out of date WRT what is actually going on in the field. The crew I spoke with wasn't clear on when the site would be turned on. In any case, I'll try and stop by every morning to see whats going on. I'll be staying home for the upcoming Holiday, so if it is lit up before Thursday you will all be informed.

RT

Reactions: Fongers
Ok so some interesting developments today. Nothing conclusive, but I saw the following:
1. Tesla employee on site - guy with a Tesla safety vest on was talking/ arguing with Potential the electrical contractor. See the pic below I wish I could have snooped some more but I did overhear them discussing how the vault should have been done differently. Maybe it’s a problem, maybe just lesson learned and we are ok
2. The foam handle wraps have been removed from the Tesla charging cables.
3. Pasadena Water and Power electrical charging car is on site, looks like it could be used to test the city DCFC

I could see this going two ways: online by Thanksgiving or a few more weeks into December with major revisions needed to the vault. Fingers crossed on the former

Attachments

• C17B6111-E507-4C5B-A5CF-9DCF62F72E2D.jpeg
    C17B6111-E507-4C5B-A5CF-9DCF62F72E2D.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 83
  • EC2A5906-FCCB-4354-88DD-2FB96EB7A88F.jpeg
    EC2A5906-FCCB-4354-88DD-2FB96EB7A88F.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 75
  • CE46E0EB-428B-4456-98B2-9BE71E74BBEF.jpeg
    CE46E0EB-428B-4456-98B2-9BE71E74BBEF.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 68
Not sure if this is related to the discussions that @BM3B overheard yesterday, but they were doing some rewiring in the Tesla junction box under the roof. Its hard to see in the picture, but behind the box they cut the large conduit sections and installed junction boxes.

IMG_20191126_065126.jpg

The guys working on the City side are furiously pulling wires and trying to hopefully get things ready for the storm that rolls in tonight.

IMG_20191125_155323.jpg

BTW, anyone needing to DCFC in Pasadena before this site opens can use the Caltech parking garage at 341 S. Wilson. That site was just lit up this morning, 4 DCFC available. Check Plugshare for details.

And I see we have this now:

corrections needed.jpg

RT

> BTW, anyone needing to DCFC in Pasadena before this site opens can use the Caltech parking garage at 341 S. Wilson. That site was just lit up this morning, 4 DCFC available. Check Plugshare for details.

For Caltech folks watching this thread (probably a few? Hi fellow techers!), in addition to the 4 new DCFCs on the bottom floor, there are 60 new Level 2 chargers on the roof level of the parking structure. All free, for now, though you need a parking permit to park there (non-Caltech folks can buy a day pass at one of the pay stations in the structure). 10 of them are Tesla destination chargers, the rest are J-1772.

Good news
Public Works Final Inspection (G060) 2019-11-26 Jose Rivas Approved

Woot! I bet the Tesla charging electrical work will finish today. Now we need to watch for Tesla test supercharging, usually a Model S with Manufacturer plates.

Thursday is still possible though a stretch I think. I hope they do full load testing. And they might wait until the city chargers are ready, they are further behind.

• Informative
Reactions: TerranApart
Good news
Public Works Final Inspection (G060) 2019-11-26 Jose Rivas Approved

Woot! I bet the Tesla charging electrical work will finish today. Now we need to watch for Tesla test supercharging, usually a Model S with Manufacturer plates.

Thursday is still possible though a stretch I think. I hope they do full load testing. And they might wait until the city chargers are ready, they are further behind.

Thank you all for the updates. Wonder if someone can go there and plug in, maybe it's already live?

Thank you all for the updates. Wonder if someone can go there and plug in, maybe it's already live?
It’s definitely not live yet. The junction box below the chargers on the roof is still open. Also the charging spots are still blocked off. We have to be patient, we don’t want to interfere and slow down the progress. Flies in the wall for now :)

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r