Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA (LIVE 26 Nov 2019, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG, time to start ranting about locals hogging the Superchargers now! Who do these people think they are? Wait, that's me! :p

Tomorrow, Yard House, 5:30pm, outdoor area. Find the guy with the LA Dodgers hat from upthread. I'm talking to you Elon. Don't make me bring my F-150

RT
Sounds good I hope to make it, depends on the family schedule. Does Yard House validate? If not I suggest people park under the Paseo (enter on either Colorado or Green).

Can someone recap the parking rates for with and without validation?

Are the gates open after hours?
These rules are for the underground structure, but I'm 90% sure they also apply to the separate structure that has the SC: Paseo Colorado Parking - Parking in Pasadena | ParkMe
Main things to note:
  • $1.50 per 30 mins
  • 90 mins free with validation (this was plenty of time for me to have dinner at Islands today)
  • $6.00 max with validation
  • $9.00 max without
I got hit with the $9 max when I was there last week, because I lost my parking ticket. Whoops!

Reactions: Limited
Yard House's outdoor area is fully covered. And they have those standing heater things.to keep us warm.

It will, however, be a largely uncovered walk from the SC to Yard House. Bring an umbrella.
I plan on parking under the Paseo for a shorter and dry walk.

We can organize a separate “charge and drive” event to use all the stations at the same time (load test) then drive somewhere like Mt Wilson for a group photo.

• Love
Reactions: Fongers and ABCTG
It’s in the NAV, no supercharger count yet. But pricing appears to be live, I have free supercharging and NAV shows overage fees. Contractor and Tesla and city pushed hard to be ready for the big travel day today. Good job. I wonder how many other SCers went online yesterday.

Attachments

• 1786E2F7-18AE-40C6-86DC-71D77197BC1D.jpeg
    1786E2F7-18AE-40C6-86DC-71D77197BC1D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Hah, BM3B beat me to it this morning, but I have some additional information to add. It is indeed showing up in the car navigation system, also in the phone app, but stall availability is not currently displayed. The new into I have is that the fee at Pasadena is going to be $0.31/kWh. Burbank and Glendale are $0.32/kWh. No cars charging when I was up there just now.

supercharger usage.jpg

And the Porta-Potty dude is either removing the facilities, or hopefully swapping them out. If removing, the crew working on the remaining city chargers better switch from the Venti Starbucks to the Tall one instead. And the sprinklers came on right when he arrived too. Impeccable timing. And shouldn't the sprinklers be on a "weather aware" timer??? :rolleyes:

IMG_20191127_065455.jpg

RT

Last edited:
Reactions: BM3B
yes, 14 min grace period (pay at 15 min). But you might get questions like “did you arrive at 4:30am or pm?”
10 min Urban Supercharge will add 30-40 miles.
Thanks! So would have to talk to a worker or the automated machine would work? I live really close by and SC 1-2 weekly. Adding a $1.50 fee every time I SC would add up to unnecessary cost with the increased SC cost.