Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pasadena, CA (LIVE 26 Nov 2019, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s becoming popular! I saw 7 Teslas charge when I stopped by. Model X and S too.

The NAV and app are only showing available stalls, when in use they disappear from the total. This happens in the beginning with new stations.

And Pasadena is a “high usage supercharger” from Day 1!

Oh and I saw that the L2 chargers on L-1 are full with non Teslas. It’s a win-win!

Attachments

• 6E33BBB1-0946-4CC1-9D1B-68CDED6EB6E3.jpeg
    6E33BBB1-0946-4CC1-9D1B-68CDED6EB6E3.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RubberToe
Charging report, just FYI (too much spare time and a Venti Starbucks to start the day :))

Arrived at 5:20am pulling into the Arroyo entrance. Grabbed a ticket from the machine and hit the Supercharger. Did have battery preconditioning going for about 10 minutes prior to arrival. Plugged in Model 3 LR at 5:21am with 208 miles. Screen indicates 31kW power delivery and 132 mph charging rate. Stayed at that rate the whole time.

Disconnected at 5:38am after hitting the ~80% setting with 246 miles. So added 38 miles in 17 minutes, almost spot on. Total charge cost was $2.79 per the in car display. Exited the garage at 5:40am again at the Arroyo entrance/exit. No attendant on duty, and the gate was up. There was an attendant at the Marengo exit at that time.

The garage was pretty much empty at that hour. Maybe a total of 10 cars in the entire garage. I'm guessing that the parking contractor doesn't bother to man the exits during certain hours as it likely isn't cost effective. Having said that, I recently saw in the Municipal Services committee meeting minutes that they may be switching to a different company to handle the parking garage contract. There is currently no automated system for paying upon exit like there is in the underground Paseo garage. It could be that the new company may implement an automated system that would reduce labor costs. Not sure about that WRT how reliable those systems might be, will keep you posted if that should change.

My new buddy @coredumperror pointed out to me yesterday that there is an updated phone app available (3.10.2) that has a new charging display that lets you more precisely set the charge level, with the miles now being displayed versus just the slider position. I had to go to the Google store to update the app. Could be I don't have auto-update enabled on the phone, will check that later. Looks like the update was available on November 22nd.

The phone app is also showing 22 of 22 available, though there are definitely 24 chargers at the site. When I charged it showed 21 of 21 available. @BM3B said that sites generally don't reflect the actual station count for a few days after going live. Something to keep in mind when looking at the phone app. Not sure what the in car display shows...

charging report.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: BM3B
There’s a little validation machine in the hallway leading to the restrooms at the Paseo. It’s located across courtyard from Tony Bahama. No purchase necessary. Note that the ArcLight gives a slightly longer validation (I think it’s 4 hours for $2 or something like that).
Supercharged yesterday and walked over to the restrooms by H&M/Tommy Bahamas. Could not find the validation machine in the hallway. I believe this was removed some time ago, replaced with a couple of coin-operated claw machines.

Reactions: Fongers