Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pecos, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the dig notice indicate that it is for Tesla? It appears from the Ft. Stockton posts that Electrify America will be installing chargers at Walmart in Ft. Stockton. You indicate the same contractor is listed for Pecos and Ft. Stockton. I'm thus concerned that the dig notice is not for Tesla superchargers but rather the Electrify America chargers.

If the dig notice does not indicate Tesla, does it indicate the name and phone number of the person that submitted the dig request to confirm who the work is being performed for?

Texas EV: yep. The info from the Walmart people was incorrect.
I am certain that the Walmart contacts - all of them - don't know the difference between Tesla and generic charging stations.

I have found no evidence of Tesla SCs co-located with VW/EA sites.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
I hope that this is not a bad sign:

Search and Status

tldr; Work being done for Tesla by contractor cited above seems to request emergency line location for Windstream and Suddenlink (both are phone/internet providers) on Sep 22, citing "CUSTOMERS W/O SVC - LINES ARE VISIBLE - LINES WERE CUT". Between the Flying J and Travelodge...

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS

Search and Status

tldr; Work being done for Tesla by contractor cited above seems to request emergency line location for Windstream and Suddenlink (both are phone/internet providers) on Sep 22, citing "CUSTOMERS W/O SVC - LINES ARE VISIBLE - LINES WERE CUT". Between the Flying J and Travelodge...

Ooops... at least it wasn't live electric lines or a gas line...

Search and Status

Sounds like they requested the Dig Tess , waited for the 2 days, then started trenching for the Pecos SC , and cut the phone and internet for Flying J and/or Travelodge?

Bet they were thrilled.

Ticket No: 582547894
NOTI-UPDATE
Original Call Date: 09/18/18 05:15 pm
Work to Begin Date: 09/20/18 05:15 pm
Type of Work: INSTALL CAR CHARGING STATIONS
Work Being Done For: TESLA

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke and Chuq
This Dig TESS call was from the same contractor that built the Ft Stockton site. Anyone driving by Pecos to check at the Flying J Travel Center ?

County: REEVES
Place: PECOS
Address: 100
Street: E PINEHURST ST
Intersecting Street: N FRONTAGE ST
Location of Work: UPDATE & REMARK-1872611667 LOCATE THE ISLANDS AT ENTRANCE IN FRONT OF THE PROPERTY BETWEEN THE PARKING LOTS AND THE ST FOR 15FT AROUND THE ISLANDS ON BOTH ST - AT FLYING J TRAVEL CENTER - GPS 31.400363,-103.486945 DRIVING DIRECTIONS:
Remarks: TESS: 1876178107 Seq: 10138 Rcd: 09/18/18 17:18 WTBD: 09/20/18 17:15
Map: TX

My sister lives near Pecos and she just texted me excitedly that "Pecos has a charging station now!" She told me it's still taped off, but obviously there is enough of a station there to identify it as a Supercharger. She says it is in the Flying J parking lot, but she didn't take any pictures of it. I'd say this is plenty of info to change status to "construction" @BlueShift

My sister lives near Pecos and she just texted me excitedly that "Pecos has a charging station now!" She told me it's still taped off, but obviously there is enough of a station there to identify it as a Supercharger. She says it is in the Flying J parking lot, but she didn't take any pictures of it. I'd say this is plenty of in.fo to change status to "construction" @BlueShift
I just called the flying J to confirm, and the lady on the phone said "yes, we have a tesla supercharger now and so does Fort Stockton".

So it does look like it is at least under construction - I doubt it is powered up, but who knows? Maybe the fat lady stopped at Pecos to sing before moving on to F.S.?

My sister lives near Pecos and she just texted me excitedly that "Pecos has a charging station now!" She told me it's still taped off, but obviously there is enough of a station there to identify it as a Supercharger. She says it is in the Flying J parking lot, but she didn't take any pictures of it. I'd say this is plenty of info to change status to "construction" @BlueShift
Can you get her to snap some photos please? That would be even better!

Pictures
Enhance
Confirmation
Of
Supercharger

;)

Bonus for Pecos, TX: even if Fort Stockton, TX is slow to be powered and commissioned, the opening of Pecos, TX would significantly reduce the I-10 diversion.

Last edited:
I am in Pecos today, so I snapped a bunch of photos for ya'll. Everything looks complete except there is no meter installed. I did try plugging in but of course it didn't work...

IMG_0187.JPG IMG_0176.JPG IMG_0180.JPG IMG_0181.JPG IMG_0182.JPG IMG_0184.JPG

I am in Pecos today, so I snapped a bunch of photos for ya'll. Everything looks complete except there is no meter installed. I did try plugging in but of course it didn't work...

View attachment 341170 View attachment 341173 View attachment 341174 View attachment 341185 View attachment 341186 View attachment 341188
How often are the charging stands installed on the side of a stall like that one at the end? You'd have to nose into that stall to use it, right?