Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody in the area that can try to get some pictures of the transformer and/or meter?

Jim,

Here is a photo Daniel took. We speculate that the transformer will probably go there.

12079557_10206749784115959_8605652028185681041_n.jpg

The two galvanized pipes is the location where the meter will probably go.

Larry

Those are very good assumptions. I hope you see a transformer and meter there soon!

Kind of unique that there is no concrete pad there. I wonder if that means it will be awhile before a transformer shows up. I hope its not a repeat of the Clarence NY experience!

- - - Updated - - -

Jim,

Here is a photo Daniel took. We speculate that the transformer will probably go there.

two galvanized pipes is the location where the meter will probably go.

Larry

Larry
Thanks. I totally missed the transformer conduits when I looked at that picture. I was expecting a concrete pad.

Kind of unique that there is no concrete pad there. I wonder if that means it will be awhile before a transformer shows up. I hope its not a repeat of the Clarence NY experience!

- - - Updated - - -

Larry
Thanks. I totally missed the transformer conduits when I looked at that picture. I was expecting a concrete pad.

Hi Jim,

This is the first photo of the conduit bends. It is normal to set the sweepbends first, then set the concrete pad over them.

In all likelihood this is for the secondary cable and the conduit turns up at the other end under the switchgear in the enclosure. The sweepbends for the primary cable will probably be set later by the utility nearby the secondary bends and then the concrete pad will be set.

This of course is just an educated guess. For all we know it may be for a future street light. :biggrin:

Larry

Edit: I've studied the photos a bit more. We know for sure that at least three conduits must feed the three switchgear (grey boxes). The other two conduits could either be secondary spares or reserved for the primary cable going to the transformer. From the photos we can see primary overhead wire across SW 10th Street. It is likely that the utility will set a pole near the enclosure, span the wire and cross the street and convert the pole to a cable pole making the transition from wire to cable. The cable from the cable pole will go directly to the pad-mounted transformer.

In studying the photos there are three large conduits stubbed out for the switchgear and what appears to be some additional conduit near the switchgear location. There are also 12 conduits stubbed out under the Supercharger location. So it is likely that three of the conduits in Dan's photo will contain the main secondary feed from the utility transformer and into the switchgear. Then there should be four sets of conduit going from the switchgear to the Supercharger locations (to feed each Supercharger, white boxes) and 8 conduits going from the Supercharger location to each of the charging terminals. That agreeds with the 12 conduits we see in the photo near the Supercharger location.

Last edited:
I was at Tesla in Dania Today and they told me that the charger should be up and running within 2 weeks.. Therefore maybe end of October we are good!
I went there to take a picture...

Hi Nicholas,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for the information.

I sincerely hope the folks at Dania Beach are right, but frankly, and no disrespect meant to you, or the Dania Beach people, but this is all in the hands of the the permitting authority and FPL. I doubt that anyone can accurately predict when this Supercharger Station will be operational with any accuracy.

By the way, if you are interested in joining a Florida Tesla club, please click on the link in my signature to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts.

Larry

Last edited:
Hi Larry, nice meeting you.

They told me that they have been blocked due to heavy rain of the past months... lol
let's see and hope...
I will checkout the Florida Tesla Club.. I am a super fan of Tesla... just got a Model S 85D... incredible car..

Hi Larry, nice meeting you.

They told me that they have been blocked due to heavy rain of the past months... lol
let's see and hope...
I will checkout the Florida Tesla Club.. I am a super fan of Tesla... just got a Model S 85D... incredible car..

Hi Nicholas,

Congratulations on your recent delivery!

Yes, weather is also another reason why it is difficult to predict when this location will be operational.

Please check out our sign-up page. If you have any questions regarding the club, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected].

Larry

Plantation gave permission to soft dig this week. The permit will be issued sometime after this week.
What does that mean? It seems odd given that the bulk of physical facilities are already installed. Does that refer to the final electrical supply that require another "soft dig" or something else?

We aren't impatient or anything like that are we?:crying: