Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Plantation, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also don't back up all the way to the curb stops if you are going to open your trunk, or your will hit the tesla parking sign.
I was 4-6" off the curb and my trunk missed the sign by 1".....
image.jpeg

Also don't back up all the way to the curb stops if you are going to open your trunk, or your will hit the tesla parking sign.
I was 4-6" off the curb and my trunk missed the sign by 1".....
View attachment 104918

Photos like this irk me. I get we are all anxious for more Superchargers and want them open ASAP, but is honestly that hard for Tesla to take the time to provide requirements such as "minimum of X inches from parking stop to sign" so this can be taken care of? I guarantee that someday someone will hit it and be pissed.

Same with BlkCld's post. I've backed up and stopped thinking I hit the curb stop to see I hit the sign. Thankfully, my Xpel saved me from any scratches and the bump was soft enough that there was zero damage. But what if I wasn't coming to a stop when it happened and was just rolling back? The same sign at the Charlotte Supercharger is now bent backwards because someone else managed to hit it the same way.

Off my soapbox now.

Oh boy. That's probably 17 Plantation permits and inspections to move the signs:scared:
Cant move the stops the cords won't reach.

Solution: longer charge cable.

Business idea: Someone needs to make a Supercharger extension cable:wink:

It's open! Mark the date on your calendar lol
Finally open!

It's been 14 months since we went to that initial Plantation Town Council meeting with the Tesla rep and gave the commissioners a show & tell on our cars.

It seemed to be very long, but I wonder how 14 months compares to the min, max & average for all Superchargers? Somebody at Tesla probably has those statistics.

I went to the plantation charger today (twice) on way to Miami from Naples and again on the way back for a top up. The location is great and the charger was up to par. My thoughts on the signs is that it's a non issue, I Had absolutely no problem backing up close enough to charge and had plenty of room to access the trunk (to pull out a stroller).

So so glad this is now open as we travel to Miami often from Naples. Now we just need a south Miami charger to make those Florida Keys trips a little easier.

Charged there tonight and I didn't have any issue with being able to reach or being able to open the trunk. I think this is a non issue.

That said, I hate the location. It's quite a trek to get there from I-95. I'd be better off just charging a little longer at St Lucie like I've done in the past.

Coming down today I topped off slightly at PSL, but did a full 90% charge at WPB since my destination is in Pompano Beach. I will hit this SpC during the week, but it is too far out (if you have other options) when coming down 95. An option is to take the Turnpike down to 595 and head west from there. Not too bad from there.

Yea I can see if you are a I95 commuter this SC doesn't make a lot of sense unless you catch yourself short. Far more convenient for I75 and turnpike traffic. But if you think about it...who the hell wants to get off of I95 in that area anyway. Anything just off the highway is pretty nasty.

Last edited:
Actually now that I think about it I was on the Turnpike by this point in my journey, but it still wasn't particularly convenient. It was very late (past midnight) and there was no traffic, but I can't imagine what that area is like during the day.

Cyclone - be on the lookout for a Pearl White 85 with NC plates. :) Will be heading back up to the WPB area today. I'm having the itch to drive up to the Cape to see the ORBCOMM-2 launch tonight. I had timed my drive down yesterday to be passing through the area during the launch window and was bummed it got moved. Still not sure if I'll drive back up today.

I went to the plantation charger today (twice) on way to Miami from Naples and again on the way back for a top up. The location is great and the charger was up to par. My thoughts on the signs is that it's a non issue, I Had absolutely no problem backing up close enough to charge and had plenty of room to access the trunk (to pull out a stroller).

So so glad this is now open as we travel to Miami often from Naples. Now we just need a south Miami charger to make those Florida Keys trips a little easier.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the information and welcome to the forums.

If you are interested in joining our Florida Tesla club, please click on the link to Florida Tesla Enthusiasts in my signature.

Larry