Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Portage la Prairie MB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was at the Portage La Prairie site a couple days ago. Figured I'd snap some shots...
20190817_141839.jpg
20190817_141856.jpg
20190817_141911.jpg
20190817_141921.jpg
20190817_141937.jpg
20190817_141951.jpg
20190817_142020.jpg
20190817_142032.jpg
20190817_142037.jpg

When do the farmers come in from the fields?
LOL

Seriously though, the only concern is probably a few holidays like just ahead of Christmas Eve. The above photos <edit>on wait there's one that <edit> that this is well South about equidistance between the Boston Pizza front door (with the door being on the South side of BP) and the Soby's.

This isn't a monster parking lot that a lot of people are used to seeing in highly populous areas.

If you were worried about ICE-ing you should see the position of the Chademo/CCS/J-1774 stalls at Polo Park in Winnipeg, very close to the Starbuck and SE Mall entrance. I don't know if MB has any anti-ICEing parking laws yet?

Reactions: navguy12
If you were worried about ICE-ing you should see the position of the Chademo/CCS/J-1774 stalls at Polo Park in Winnipeg, very close to the Starbuck and SE Mall entrance. I don't know if MB has any anti-ICEing parking laws yet?

Polo Parks Chademo has never been ICEd when I was there, but PlugShare originally showed LOTS of complaints about it. Signage seems to have resolved it. Plus a bit of time to develop an awareness. EVs are newer in the Peg.

Crossiron in Calgary originally had the same problem.

• Helpful
Reactions: SammichLover
Yes, the Polo Park one originally had almost no signage and people were used to parking there - it looked like a regular spot with something on the pillar. Now it has the entire parking spots painted green and prominent signage, and I haven't seen it ICE'd since then.
True, I was struck this summer by how visible they’d made it.

I’m surprised that Crossiron had an issue, those stalls are a good distance out. Maybe initially mall employees there for the day used to parking there and just assuming the stalls wouldn’t get used anyway?

What’s the state of law in AB about towing from private property of vehicles that ignore signage?

Keeping in mind that being Canada a truly polite explanatory note left can clear up a lot of these things, by itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: navguy12
Same as in Brandon. Probably got there about 11:00. Thinking they are either in Prawda or in Winnipeg getting ready to pour concrete.
Possibly someone in the Winnipeg / Prawda areas can check. They still have to pull wire in PLaP, Brandon and Prawda, but it looks like it is getting close :D