Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Reno, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you like it if people called your town NO-pa. Gonna have to hide your future comments for that slander. Side note, Fallon is already in the queue for future chargers :D
Mr/Mrs G. I agree with you on that one point. There is simply no excuse for people to purposely made fun of other people, or the town, etc. I guess it somehow makes them feel like their town is so much better. Frankly, not everyone wants to stop in Napa either. Been there don't that, but I'm not going to make a snide remark about it. We need fewer snotty people on here.

Keep us updated on the Fallon charger since my son is at the Navy base there. I think he said Reno is his last charging stop before getting back there. I assume you will make a new thread about it when that happens. Any time frame?

Mr/Mrs G. I agree with you on that one point. There is simply no excuse for people to purposely made fun of other people, or the town, etc. I guess it somehow makes them feel like their town is so much better. Frankly, not everyone wants to stop in Napa either. Been there don't that, but I'm not going to make a snide remark about it. We need fewer snotty people on here.

Keep us updated on the Fallon charger since my son is at the Navy base there. I think he said Reno is his last charging stop before getting back there. I assume you will make a new thread about it when that happens. Any time frame?
I don't see anything for Fallon. Fernley is under construction however:

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno

T, to help keep the peace, I'll just comment on your question :) I would not bank on having the Fallon charger since it is so low in the queue and it wouldn't help anyone along the I80 route anyway as a few folks seem to think and especially won't help your son on his route (it will be much out of the way).

I assume he goes North on 50 to get to 80 West toward your location. His best supercharger in addition to the 4th St. Reno one is actually the new Fernley SC which should be finished in a few weeks because he would take that route going down US-50 to NAS Fallon. I think I saw a thread about the Fernley SC on here. Check it out in the search feature.

Can someone tell me what the current Tesla cost per kW is to charge at this location.? My neighbor is getting a Tesla and wants to know.
Like a close-by neighbor? The Sparks one would probably be more convenient than this location that is more likely to have a wait with fewest and "slowest" stalls.

Reno, NV: 6x 150kW, 38¢ 11a-10p, 17¢ 10p-4a, 30¢ 4a-11a
Sparks, NV: 8x 250kW, 30¢
North Sierra Street: 16x 250kW, 34¢ 11a-10p, 16¢ 10p-4a, 23¢ 4a-11a
Element Lane: 12x 250kW, 27¢
Rancharrah Parkway: 24x 250kW, 30¢

But if you do recommend this location, there are permits for 16x 250kW across the street as well as 12x 250kW off Mt Rose Highway and 21x 250kW in Verdi if that helps your neighbor decide.

Like a close-by neighbor? The Sparks one would probably be more convenient than this location that is more likely to have a wait with fewest and "slowest" stalls.

Reno, NV: 6x 150kW, 38¢ 11a-10p, 17¢ 10p-4a, 30¢ 4a-11a
Sparks, NV: 8x 250kW, 30¢
North Sierra Street: 16x 250kW, 34¢ 11a-10p, 16¢ 10p-4a, 23¢ 4a-11a
Element Lane: 12x 250kW, 27¢
Rancharrah Parkway: 24x 250kW, 30¢

But if you do recommend this location, there are permits for 16x 250kW across the street as well as 12x 250kW off Mt Rose Highway and 21x 250kW in Verdi if that helps your neighbor decide.
Thanks for the GREAT info. I am aware of the other info you mentioned, but good you give it for folks. I just wasn't sure about the cost to charge and I don't have anyone at the GF to ask. Yes, a "close by" neighbor wants to know. I told him about all the SCs. In fact I was part of the group that chose that Sparks location a year ago.

The reason he wants to know about the Atlantis one is for the same reason I charge there. We go to the buffet on Monday and charge while we eat :D In a few months he plans to put a charger in the garage then his cost will be about 13 cents, but his car comes in a couple days. Thanks again. Great info.

FYI, we go there every Monday and I have never had to wait for a stall. That is mainly due to the newer locations being added such as the ones you mentioned.

Thanks for the GREAT info. I am aware of the other info you mentioned, but good you give it for folks. I just wasn't sure about the cost to charge and I don't have anyone at the GF to ask. Yes, a "close by" neighbor wants to know. I told him about all the SCs. In fact I was part of the group that chose that Sparks location a year ago.

The reason he wants to know about the Atlantis one is for the same reason I charge there. We go to the buffet on Monday and charge while we eat :D In a few months he plans to put a charger in the garage then his cost will be about 13 cents, but his car comes in a couple days. Thanks again. Great info.

FYI, we go there every Monday and I have never had to wait for a stall. That is mainly due to the newer locations being added such as the ones you mentioned.
FYI you can get pricing information in the app even if you have FUSC. Just click on Location and then click on the specific supercharger in the map.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl and doug