Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Revere, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been known for a few months now that a Supercharger is being built in Revere, I think most people were wondering where the location was gonna be. (Find Us | Tesla)

Turns out, it'll be next to the Target/Stop and Shop/Wendy's Area near Beachmont/Suffolk Downs.

Looks like 6 Chargers are being put up. My friend sent me this picture, I'll probably take a few more tomorrow.

(sorry if it's a double post, I searched and did not find another similar topic).

Attachments

• IMG_20200201_134856_01.jpg
    IMG_20200201_134856_01.jpg
    435.6 KB · Views: 368
Reactions: chjch
Maybe I'm crazy, but I couldn't find an edit button on mobile.

Seems like there's at least 8 stalls. Weird thing is that there's a fenced off block of larger size adjacent from the other stalls, which could potentially be even more chargers? Either way, I'm pretty excited.

Attachments

• 20200202_125552.jpg
    20200202_125552.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 20200202_125240.jpg
    20200202_125240.jpg
    951.9 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: MarcoRP
Original Reporter here: this is an interesting spot. As jcaruso mentions above, it’s just north of the oil storage for Logan Airport. It’s also an interesting location. Right now, Suffolk Downs (old horse track) is awaiting demolition but over the next few years it will become a major redevelopment. This location is also very close to the beach for Summer visitors.

This location seems kind of odd to me. It doesn't seem like it's in a very convenient location for many people.
It sounds like some people access Logan from that direction, but I wouldn't think it's a very high percentage of total Logan visitors.
I would think way more people would come from the South, West, or 93 from the North. Isn't 1A there more of a commuter highway than a long distance travel route?

Perhaps I'm just unaware because I'm from the western suburbs.

I'm all for more Superchargers, and perhaps they are anticipating growth in this area, who knows.
I just think they would be more useful out on the 95/128 and 495 rings. I'm still surprised there's nothing between 90 and 93 on 95/128 yet.

This location seems kind of odd to me. It doesn't seem like it's in a very convenient location for many people.
It sounds like some people access Logan from that direction, but I wouldn't think it's a very high percentage of total Logan visitors.
I would think way more people would come from the South, West, or 93 from the North. Isn't 1A there more of a commuter highway than a long distance travel route?

Perhaps I'm just unaware because I'm from the western suburbs.

I'm all for more Superchargers, and perhaps they are anticipating growth in this area, who knows.
I just think they would be more useful out on the 95/128 and 495 rings. I'm still surprised there's nothing between 90 and 93 on 95/128 yet.

1A is a heavy commuter route right now. The location is also strategic for two additional reasons:
1. It’s near Revere Beach, which gets a lot of visitors and is also undergoing a significant revitalization effort with new apartments and restaurants.
2. It’s near Suffolk Downs, which has a planned demolition and replacement (our mayor said it would be like five assembly squares)

It’s a strategically great location if Tesla is looking at the next several years.

Reactions: kayak1 and aronth5
It looks like they're ready to go. I don't have my car, as I'm looking to get it serviced next week (front tire and wheel noise), but the fence is down. 8 chargers look to be online. No crew around.

Attachments

• 20200220_131305.jpg
    20200220_131305.jpg
    597.1 KB · Views: 106
Reactions: EdA