Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roseville

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update - the Roseville Planning office has changed the permit status to "Ready to Issue" - it's approved and ready to be picked up. Once it is picked up, it becomes public record and we will know the exact location.

If you know someone at Tesla, tell them to go pick up the permit!

I was at the Rocklin SC this past weekend and they told me that in addition to the Supercharger at the Galleria, Tesla was planning on a second Supercharger at their Rocklin Store. Much easier on/off access from I-80, and there's a big shopping area being built right next door with a Target, Panera Bread and a movie theater going in soon. Maybe someone who lives nearby can check with the Rocklin City Hall to see if there's a permit application...

I was at the Rocklin SC this past weekend and they told me that in addition to the Supercharger at the Galleria, Tesla was planning on a second Supercharger at their Rocklin Store. Much easier on/off access from I-80, and there's a big shopping area being built right next door with a Target, Panera Bread and a movie theater going in soon. Maybe someone who lives nearby can check with the Rocklin City Hall to see if there's a permit application...

Yep. Tis true.

Hmm... If it is at the Westfield mall, and I've scoured that parking lot, the only construction I saw was by monsours and didnt look promising.... Too much trash. Maybe it's not there.

I was told it was hopefully going to be by the nordstroms. The constr
uction I saw was close to that, but again didnt look good.

Monsour's! It was right beneath my nose! Right next to the trashy construction area I had seen. It's on the outside of the mall property.

IMAG1261.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1260.jpg
    IMAG1260.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 466
  • IMAG1265.jpg
    IMAG1265.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 448
Last edited:
Rumors are floating of a possible charger at the service center still, or elsewhere. One rep told me there were 3 or 4 planned for the northern sac area and drive to Tahoe. I wouldn't be surprised if there is still one going in at the service center. Also, I think by the airport (and i5), auburn and maybe trucked. Probably 4 stalls for all of them.

all speculation, but there seems to be a lot of hints dropping.

here is one other log to burn on that fire: they are doing work inside the service center. The story was that they were moving the service center portion to further back in the building. They said they were expanding the store section, but that made no sense, because as we sat there, the store seemed empty already. Maybe that wasn't all the case, and they were clearing space INSIDE the building for chargers.... Speculation, but possible. I have not really looked, but isn't there at least one other indoor one at a service center? Maybe soyosett too?

Wow. Mansour's is only 3 miles away from me... Although, I doubt I'll ever use it since charging from home is much more convenient. However...

Went up to Reno (120 miles) last weekend with a max 265 mile charge. Going up the hills at speed was way, way too easy with this car. So easy going around the slow cars and semis, but it used up quite a bit of energy. Had 96 miles left on the return trip thinking that the drive down would use much less energy... which was true, but I took it really easy on the way back and made it home with 1 mile of charge left with a bit of range anxiety. Lesson learned: take it slow on the way up and you'll feel better on the way down.

Then I had to go run errands around town, but I only had a mile left, so I waited an hour to get it up to 30 miles before running the errands. 10 minutes on a 120KW Supercharger would have been enough to run the errands.

If they dropped a supercharger at Truckee, then there would be no worries at all. Truckee would be a good spot before heading up to Reno or on the way back from Reno or to a vacation spot around Lake Tahoe. A supercharger at Reno would have been fine, too, but it's a little bit more of a distance from Lake Tahoe. A supercharger anywhere around that area would be a nice-to-have.

Really looking forward to Roseville. The detour to Folsom to get to the north shore is a pain for us 60s; making it to Squaw with only 20-odd miles left was a bit iffy. Coming down was fun though; at 167 Wh/mile, made it all the way to Vacaville with plenty to spare.

@GuyHall, it was nice meeting you at Vaca!

Wow. Mansour's is only 3 miles away from me... Although, I doubt I'll ever use it since charging from home is much more convenient. However...

Went up to Reno (120 miles) last weekend with a max 265 mile charge. Going up the hills at speed was way, way too easy with this car. So easy going around the slow cars and semis, but it used up quite a bit of energy. Had 96 miles left on the return trip thinking that the drive down would use much less energy... which was true, but I took it really easy on the way back and made it home with 1 mile of charge left with a bit of range anxiety. Lesson learned: take it slow on the way up and you'll feel better on the way down.

Then I had to go run errands around town, but I only had a mile left, so I waited an hour to get it up to 30 miles before running the errands. 10 minutes on a 120KW Supercharger would have been enough to run the errands.

If they dropped a supercharger at Truckee, then there would be no worries at all. Truckee would be a good spot before heading up to Reno or on the way back from Reno or to a vacation spot around Lake Tahoe. A supercharger at Reno would have been fine, too, but it's a little bit more of a distance from Lake Tahoe. A supercharger anywhere around that area would be a nice-to-have.

yeah... Having one close to us in vacaville has helped a couple of times when we got home from work but wanted to go out again for the nigh. Right now we are getting home with about 15 miles of range left, so to go to Napa for dinner, we just stop in and charge and can leave within 20 minutes.

Some info and more pictures.

7 stalls. New "3rd generation" led logo charging stations. Pull in style. Expect just over 3 weeks more work. Last time I was there, they suggested it looked like it was going to take longer than planned due to difficulty with the terrain.... The last picture seems to emphasize that point.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 491
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 485
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 502
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg