Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Roseville

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I came across this sign at the Roseville Galleria Supercharger yesterday (Saturday). We stop there frequently since it is at the "bottom of the hill" going home to Tahoe (also... Nordstroms).
They are offering valet service from the mall entrance to the SC which is a few minute walk away. I don't know if this is to alleviate congestion or just a courtesy. The valet serves restaurant and mall patrons. (I call the restaurant the "Global Warming Cafe" since they installed gas flames around the entire outside perimeter which they run at full blast all year round... even yesterday when it was 100F degrees.)
So I don't get what the service is. Are they offering to drive you to/from the supercharges since at that place it's a bit of a hike to the mall, or are they offering to stage your car after charging and bring your car to you when you are ready to leave, thus freeing up a charging spot?

So I don't get what the service is. Are they offering to drive you to/from the supercharges since at that place it's a bit of a hike to the mall, or are they offering to stage your car after charging and bring your car to you when you are ready to leave, thus freeing up a charging spot?
I think it's both. They will drive your Tesla to the SC and return it when you've finished shopping. They can also manage the SC stations by moving the car when it's finished charging.

I've used the valet service once when I had family in tow. You can drop the car off in front of Cheesecake Factory / Land Ocean, and they go park it for you after topping off the charge at the supercharger. They manage the SC spots that way. And you get to just text them when you want the car, and it's waiting for you when you're back out.

Yesterday, I was in the area and the Navigation plotted me a 10 minute stop at Roseville. Never been to that one before so I followed what the Nav said. On arrival there were 2 stalls open - we pulled into one and a car right behind us into the other. Very shortly there were two more that got in line. I walked by the other vehicles just to see if they were still charging. Four of them were not charging anymore (no flashing green). Four out of seven - done charging and accruing $1 per minute charges. We ended up there for 15 minutes and these cars were there the whole time. Then we got out of the way and let others in since we had enough to complete our journey. I really thought the idle fees would have fixed this issue though.

temporary charger at roseville:
IMG_20181122_122117.jpg IMG_20181122_122240.jpg
interestingly they used bunch of smaller cables instead of one thick wire...

Charged here on the way to and from Tahoe. Super close walk to Chipotle (and other food) right across the street. On Friday the charge rate was very fast, and Tesla capped it at 80% due to high demand. So the car reached 80% too fast and we had to interrupt our lunch to go fetch it. Funny problem when Superchargers are too fast.

On Monday there was no cap and we charged to 90%. Since it had been so fast, so we ate lunch in the grass and shade in front of the Superchargers. Comfortable spot to picnic even if you're on a road. Trees and grass and clean, not industrial.

Reactions: Troy916
On Friday the charge rate was very fast, and Tesla capped it at 80% due to high demand. So the car reached 80% too fast and we had to interrupt our lunch to go fetch it.
If you see the display message saying charge level set to 80% you can always increase that by opening the Supercharger window in the car display and move the slider control.

You can also do that from the phone app while you are away from the car.

Reactions: Blu Zap
I stopped in here a couple days ago (morning of 14 February). The temporary chargers are still there (and as far as I can tell, working). Two of the regular stalls were coned off, and a third one was inoperative. The working stalls were all occupied when I got here (the nav showed something like 2-3 free)...I opted to go to Rocklin instead (which was in the direction I was traveling anyway, and it had plenty of open spaces).

Bruce.