Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Saco, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this unusual to not have an xfmr this far out from pedestal completion?
As of today, it seems we have the Xfmr in place. Seems we have graffiti already.
C63EF0AC-8474-4690-B7EE-C71EDFCC0D55.jpeg
6630FC58-87F7-44AC-BD72-4B1359BB10EE.jpeg
799B1C95-0600-47E8-A166-426A4D51E21F.jpeg
6630FC58-87F7-44AC-BD72-4B1359BB10EE.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Thanks for the update! No meter obvious in those pictures. Typically attached to the side of the transformer itself, or perhaps nearby (on or in that gray box or on the side of the white decorated cabinet. Getting closer.

I wonder if Tesla will hold off commissioning this site when it's ready until Windham is also ready to rock to save them a trip.

Reactions: kayak1
The Supercharger service teams carry white spray paint around with them. I know because they left a nearly full can on the ground in Waterville last fall. It was some commercial product labeled something to the effect of "This product not labeled for individual sale", but it was definitely Supercharger gloss white.

I bet they'll just blast over the graffiti when they activate the site.

Thanks for the update! No meter obvious in those pictures. Typically attached to the side of the transformer itself, or perhaps nearby (on or in that gray box or on the side of the white decorated cabinet. Getting closer.

I wonder if Tesla will hold off commissioning this site when it's ready until Windham is also ready to rock to save them a trip.
Those gray boxes are metering enclosures, It's the same Milbank style they used in Waterville.
It's likely an industrial style that they dial into, behind the square hinged plate.
Can't tell if it has the lock on it yet from CMP metering.
CMP doesn't install meters into transformers, it's typically in a separate box.

Those gray boxes are metering enclosures, It's the same Milbank style they used in Waterville.
It's likely an industrial style that they dial into, behind the square hinged plate.
Can't tell if it has the lock on it yet from CMP metering.
CMP doesn't install meters into transformers, it's typically in a separate box.
Thanks - good info. Lots of meter location/styles across the country, and lots of electrical codes requiring different stuff too.

Reactions: kayak1
I doubt it has any bearing on this site, but in the back of my mind I wonder if members of the New England supercharger team went out to New York to participate in or do on-the-job training in Magic Dock installation this past week possibly delaying this site from going live a bit.

Or, perhaps Tesla is waiting for the Windham, ME site to be done and then do both in one loop through the area.

Probably a very good chance for it to be commissioned this coming week, or perhaps the next if Windham isn't quite ready.

Reactions: Farmer and kayak1