Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego CA - A Street (LIVE 27 Jun 2018, 16 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about the first half hour but the first 15 minutes appear to be free. I was already at 78% so charging power was in the 40 kW range. If I'd come in with a depleted battery I could have gotten maybe 19 kWh in those 15 minutes. Could still be useful.

I’m not comparing it to an Ice... I’m comparing it to other Tesla superchargers..... just because I’m paying the same rate as a 25k Prius for my $65k TESLA doesn’t make it ok by any means. I bought a Tesla because it was an EV, I love thE forward thinking of the brand and the updates, and also it’s almost FREE.... if I’m expected to pay $20 for 250 miles of range then why did I buy an EV.....

Also... I highly doubt that on Tesla’s website that the ‘gas savings’ is calculated with an additonal $8/hour for parking....

On a brighter note... I’m at Qualcomm now and it’s maybe 50% full. :)
Exactly. No one is forcing you to use this particular supercharger. Calm down.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Absolutely true. Neither of those locations charge $0.26 per *on top of* a parking fee. Or vice versa if you prefer.

Let's do the math and for adding 60kWh in one hour for a Model 3.

Boston (Prudential Center)
Parking: $12 (all day)
Charging: 60*0.23 = $13.80
Total: $25.80

San Diego (A Street)

Parking: $8 (daytime) or $5 (after 5 PM)
Charging: 60*0.26 = $15.60
Total: $23.60 (daytime) or $20.60 (after 5 PM)

Let's do the math and for adding 60kWh in one hour for a Model 3.

Boston (Prudential Center)
Parking: $12 (all day)
Charging: 60*0.23 = $13.80
Total: $25.80

San Diego (A Street)

Parking: $8 (daytime) or $5 (after 5 PM)
Charging: 60*0.26 = $15.60
Total: $23.60 (daytime) or $20.60 (after 5 PM)
If you are parking anyway, ok good deal. Otherwise, no.

There is absolutely no logical reason for anyone to use that parking lot unless you work in the building or are using the charger..

I live in downtown by Petco Park. This charger is too far for walking to any action spots. Way too far from gas lamp, east village, Little italy.... if you plan to come and ‘hang’ downtown you certainly wouldn’t park on A st... and if you did you would probably uber to your destination from there simply because it’s completely out of the way for anything relevant in downtown....I would rather drive 20min to Qualcomm and charge then pay $20-$30 for a charge that has the most annoying car wash vacuum blarring in your ear while you are charging.... TESLA screwed up with this location choice

There is absolutely no logical reason for anyone to use that parking lot unless you work in the building or are using the charger..

I live in downtown by Petco Park. This charger is too far for walking to any action spots. Way too far from gas lamp, east village, Little italy.... if you plan to come and ‘hang’ downtown you certainly wouldn’t park on A st... and if you did you would probably uber to your destination from there simply because it’s completely out of the way for anything relevant in downtown....I would rather drive 20min to Qualcomm and charge then pay $20-$30 for a charge that has the most annoying car wash vacuum blarring in your ear while you are charging.... TESLA screwed up with this location choice

"Way too far from the Gaslamp"? It's a 12 minute walk to the heart of the Gaslamp. Or 16 minute walk to Little Italy. I think San Diegans have no idea what real urban crawlers walk in New York, Chicago, etc. The location is fine.

"Way too far from the Gaslamp"? It's a 12 minute walk to the heart of the Gaslamp. Or 16 minute walk to Little Italy. I think San Diegans have no idea what real urban crawlers walk in New York, Chicago, etc. The location is fine.

So by the time you park, plug in, then walk to either of the above it is time to walk back because your charge is completed. No time to do anything in either places, Gaslamp or Little Italy.