Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - Camino Del Sur (Black Mountain Ranch area, LIVE 11 Jan 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeez, that's some toothless legalese garbage... "generally understood"? Something seems amiss on the enforceability front. But I agree, I wouldn't leave the car if I had to use this as the last available spot.
That's because of the source of the answers: CA State Architect. They are trying to answer questions about the building requirements for accessible EVCS not the interpretation and enforcement of the CA Vehicle Code and/or local ordinances.

Was at Target and remember to go take a peek at the progress. It looks all ready to me. Perhaps they waiting on the opening ceremony like they held at the A street location.
address_plate.jpg

power_boxes2.jpg

back_chargers.jpg

Here are some photos. Looks like urban superchargers.. except for two of the ones near the handicap spaces. They look taller and different than any of the other superchargers I have seen.

handicap_chargers.jpg

Funny to see someone's red Model3 already occupying the space. While one of the back charging spot is occupied by an ICE car. (Owner was present and was likely on his break from the construction work across the street)

Attachments

• power_boxes.jpg
    power_boxes.jpg
    391 KB · Views: 58
  • Helpful
Reactions: Acps110 and bmms8
Here are some photos. Looks like urban superchargers.. except for two of the ones near the handicap spaces. They look taller and different than any of the other superchargers I have seen.

View attachment 367356
They are not Superchargers. They are ChargePoint chargers, which are being installed alongside Superchargers at recent Target locations. Teslas can use them, but so can every other vehicles, so recommend to use when none of the Superchargers are available.

Covers are off but no juice. Spoke to a worker and he said they are just waiting for Tesla to turn them on. He said once you see it in the map it is live. Getting close!

Very exciting. I have to drive right by there for a doctor appointment today -- both before and after. it will give me two chances to check it out! I'll get a charge out of reporting back here if I can get a charge from the charger.

The Model 3 must be smaller than I imagine because that red one fits nicely in the spot, but it was treacherously-small-looking for my S, and I would expect to edge into the oversized "handicap" spot adjacent to it.

It's only about 1" narrower than a model S. It's about an inch taller though so perhaps the proportions make it look slightly narrower.

The track width is about 3" narrower though.

I was actually surprised how big the 3 was in real life the first time.