Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I also went by there today. The Supercharger stalls themselves seems to be the version 2 stalls. ie. they don't have LED lighting in the top portion. Also, while the concrete bunkers for the Supercharger cabinets were locked, I was able to peak through the door crack and see that they are 120 kW Superchargers, not the rarely seen 135 kW variety. A few more pics:

sc1.jpg

sc2.jpg

There is definitely no power as the trench to the power line hasn't even been dug yet. That's what slated to start tomorrow.

From the San Diego Tesla Facebook Group comment by Randy:

The first step would be for the contractor to return and trench from the 12kV handhole attachment location over the to the SC location in the bank lot, install the conduit, get the job inspected, and then restore the trench. After inspection signoff, the second step would be for the utility to install the conductors inside the conduit to run from the 12kV connection point to the transformer, and then install the 500 kVA transformer, set the meter and then energize the site. Then Tesla will have to test and commission the units. The goal was to complete by the end of April.

After 35 pages of comments...

Friends, heck, we're challenging the "snippiness" thread in volume here.

Here's my challenge. NO ONE POST ANYTHING MORE HERE until the site is live. Simple. Easy. Saves time for a lot of people.

In all good humor and intent, I'll bet with odds some one replies to this post before the site is live.

:)

Friends, heck, we're challenging the "snippiness" thread in volume here.

Here's my challenge. NO ONE POST ANYTHING MORE HERE until the site is live. Simple. Easy. Saves time for a lot of people.

In all good humor and intent, I'll bet with odds some one replies to this post before the site is live.

:)

Looks like you won your bet. Did you have any takers?
Personally, I want to hear any and all updates regarding this site. The last few months had no useful information. Looks like this is about to change. The current posts have been interesting: fencing down, backhoe arrived, etc.

As I posted in Supercharging thread and posted to twitter:

Drove from San Diego to LA tonight and stopped by San Juan Capistrano. Talked to one of the foreman who is contracting multiple Superchargers.

1. SJC is being trenched (up till 9pm tonight) for conduit. SDGE will come wire and connect after they're done.

2. Indio is "on their list".

3. Redlands is coming soon.

The last was a bit strange, since I've never heard it before. Very cool crew.

Not sure how to post twitter pics . . . I'll update if someone can help.

Twitter / TeslaMS60: @TeslaMotors trenching ...

Why are you blaming SDGE for the delay? Seems pretty rude and alienates SDGE employees who frequently post here with very useful information.

SDGE delayed the SC for more than 3 months according to my source. I appreciate that employees post here but SDGE has to take some responsibility for failing to provide power to the site for that entire time. THAT is the responsibility of some manager somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

On previous iterations of the coming soon Tesla map unveiled in 2013, there was a dot just east of the 10 - 215 interchange. It got removed (similar to the way Primm was removed and then subsequently added back). Redlands would fit that previous dot.

Good catch.

Not sure the whole delay was sdge.. It sounded like the bank had legal easement issues that held stuff up for over 3 months. Seems like sdge added a couple of weeks to that, but honestly, we can't expect them to be sitting on the sidelines waiting for the go ahead.

Sam,
It's a great country we live in with all that free speech stuff going on, rectum and all. But it is too bad that polite discourse has slipped a bit in public forums with posts like yours. I'm just going to chalk it up to a bad day for you, and I hope you enjoy charging your S60 at San Juan Capistrano for many years to come when it goes live (I know I will)...A lot of people have done great work to place that charging station there, and I appreciate their efforts......

If you want to blame anyone for the extended delay, blame our overlawyered society. The delay was due to an easement grant. Now who can you blame for that. Tesla? The Bank? SDG&E? Even with perfect knowledge of everything that went on, I don't know if anyone could apportion blame properly...