Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The good thing about this supercharger is that its at a bank. Weekend bank hours will hardly interfere with weekend travel and evening travel during the work week won't be affected very much.

great point. The other nice thing about this union bank parking lot is that the entire parking lot is only available for bank customers. It's not as if there will be people parking here and wandering off to other nearby business or they will be at risk of bring towed. And the supercharger spots that are duel use say that bank parking has a 30min limit.

I'd love a Riverside or Corona or Ontario supercharger

This sort of feels off topic. But I'll bite. I think the best spot would be right near the 10/215 interchange. (I guess that's Colton--between Riverside and San Bernardino.) This would get people going many different directions with all the major arteries going right through that area including North/South (San Diego / Vegas) and East West (LA / Palm Springs and on to Phoenix). For me what's key is being able to get to Big Bear or other mountain areas which is pushing it a bit when driving from San Diego even with a 85kwh battery. Unfortunately Ontario would be a lot more out of the way for the North/South and mountain traffic coming from or going to San Diego.

There is a non-Nissan owned CHAdeMO around there, so when that adapter comes out at least that's an option.

This sort of feels off topic. But I'll bite. I think the best spot would be right near the 10/215 interchange. (I guess that's Colton--between Riverside and San Bernardino.) This would get people going many different directions with all the major arteries going right through that area including North/South (San Diego / Vegas) and East West (LA / Palm Springs and on to Phoenix). For me what's key is being able to get to Big Bear or other mountain areas which is pushing it a bit when driving from San Diego even with a 85kwh battery. Unfortunately Ontario would be a lot more out of the way for the North/South and mountain traffic coming from or going to San Diego.

There is a non-Nissan owned CHAdeMO around there, so when that adapter comes out at least that's an option.

I'm not sure 215 is the best route driving from San Diego to Barstow. I always hit a lot of traffic on that route. Maybe I just got lucky, but last time I took 15 through Ontario, and it was a lot better.

I think the 15 through Ontario is more heavily travelled than the 215. Drive south from the high desert and see how many cars take the 15 at the split versus the 215. It's almost always at least 2-1 taking the 15. The 15 only adds a few miles in distance and is usually more free-flowing due to having more lanes. I think the 215 is also a bit close for East/West traffic as Indio isn't very far away. Ontario would be a nice place for a quick top-up for people going from LA to Vegas (the 215 is a sizable detour for that trip) to make sure they can get to Barstow, and would be equally usable for San Diego traffic making the same trip.

Yes, they removed that late last year. I emailed them about it, and they told me that they were "still planning on a site to link San Diego and Barstow."

I guess there are better ways to go from SD to Barstow than going via SJC.

I've driven from SD to Barstow on a range charge, I don't think I had range anxiety but I'm in a P85.