Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Monica, CA (LIVE 18 Feb 2022, 62 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or the location might technically be outside of Santa Monica's jurisdiction but is close enough that Tesla, being notoriously loose about such matters, has no problem still referring to it as Santa Monica. In which case, permits might already exist but they won't be found in the SM permitting portal.

I hope it's somewhere much farther inland than 3rd street. With traffic and being so close to the ocean, 3rd street is only convenient if you want to go park there and shop. Maybe it's also a good location if you're going north/south on PCH. Other than that it's pretty useless for travelers and not great for locals either. Esp since I think apartment dwellers grow more common the farther inland you get from 3rd street.

After learning about 28 stalls coming to Santa Monica (from other Santa Monica charger thread) I did re-check permits and found that there's new permit application not only for this location but for adjacent lot as well (1421 Santa Monica Blvd).
Screenshot_2020-09-23_15-31-05.png Screenshot_2020-09-23_15-36-39.png

After learning about 28 stalls coming to Santa Monica (from other Santa Monica charger thread) I did re-check permits and found that there's new permit application not only for this location but for adjacent lot as well (1421 Santa Monica Blvd).
View attachment 591526 View attachment 591525
Good find. Hopefully they follow through on this one.
Do you think it's safe to re-update the thread title? ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I just looked up the two permits again. The process is definitely active. In fact, between the two permits, its seems that Tesla paid about $30,000 as of 9/17/2020. That seems like a lot of $$$ just for permits.

FYI, if anyone wants to look this info up, go to https://epermit.smgov.net/CitizenAccess/Default.aspx and type in either permit number, 20ENT-0226 or 20ENT-0227

@ecarfan

Please let this be the first of 749 In-N-Out Drive-in's!

RT

Reactions: callmesam
I just looked up the two permits again. The process is definitely active. In fact, between the two permits, its seems that Tesla paid about $30,000 as of 9/17/2020. That seems like a lot of $$$ just for permits.

FYI, if anyone wants to look this info up, go to https://epermit.smgov.net/CitizenAccess/Default.aspx and type in either permit number, 20ENT-0226 or 20ENT-0227

@ecarfan
There technically isn't a mention of Tesla in these permits as far as I could tell, so it could be charging station for another manufacturer or even an L2 charger by Tesla. One way that might provide a definitive answer is by calling the planning office for the city of Santa Monica to find out more information than what's listed in the portal.

There technically isn't a mention of Tesla in these permits as far as I could tell, so it could be charging station for another manufacturer or even an L2 charger by Tesla. One way that might provide a definitive answer is by calling the planning office for the city of Santa Monica to find out more information than what's listed in the portal.
You are correct. Searching SM for the address does not yield any additional info, except that there was a temporary permit issued for a special event, for several days only, last month.