Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Rosa, CA (LIVE 20 Nov 2019, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think you are using the word correctly, Irony is when something does the opposite of normal, backing into a Supercharger to charge is how it's done. Perhaps you mean because it was taped off, but not really ironic if they simply didn't see the tape.

Happy New Year y’all! Not so happy a situation at the SC here: ongoing struggles, see this screenshot from the Tesla App just now:

Attachments

• 6997C51D-924C-4DA0-BD3D-8B0EED372273.jpeg
    6997C51D-924C-4DA0-BD3D-8B0EED372273.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 138
  • Informative
Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
Terran-
So logically there is no valid/considerate reason to take up 2 charging spots. Taking a look the car has temporary plates which means it’s new. The only reasons someone would take two spots would be 1) your car doesn’t fit, not the case 2) you parked quickly and we coming right back. Not the case either because I charged my S and left with the car still there. 3) they we handicapped and needed the extra space. No because there were handicap spots available. 4) the car is new and they didn’t want anybody next to them because of door dings. BINGO!!!
We can complain about icing, but this is the same thing only worse, because the driver knows better.

Reactions: goldengate
Terran-
So logically there is no valid/considerate reason to take up 2 charging spots. Taking a look the car has temporary plates which means it’s new. The only reasons someone would take two spots would be 1) your car doesn’t fit, not the case 2) you parked quickly and we coming right back. Not the case either because I charged my S and left with the car still there. 3) they we handicapped and needed the extra space. No because there were handicap spots available. 4) the car is new and they didn’t want anybody next to them because of door dings. BINGO!!!
We can complain about icing, but this is the same thing only worse, because the driver knows better.
Pretty sure Terran was simply making a joke that they were not doing any thinking.

Terran-
Or 5) They are new to Teslas and/or supercharging and haven't quite figured out that the parking stalls are correctly aligned with the charging pedestals in between the spaces. This is a very common misconception with first-time/new people who often expect to back up straight to the pedestal instead of being properly offset. Assuming this was the issue, then hopefully either someone politely corrected/informed them or they saw how the other cars did it and were able to figure it out on their own so they won't make the same mistake again.

People should use Hanlon's Razor more: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity [ed. or, as in this case, ignorance].

• Funny
Reactions: AlasCon
100 Miles is like 30%-40% SOC....I wouldn't expect to see V3 charge speeds at that level
Thanks but, I would! See my post from Nov 29 in this thread:
“Tried 5 chargers before getting one that works. Several cables/handles laying on the ground; others have yellow tape attached to the cable. I hope it’s not vandalism here. The working one got me up to 208kW charging my M3D at almost 900 mph from a low 56 m left battery, but by SOC 165 miles it’s 129kW and 525 mph. Still, fastest charging ever!”