Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sequim, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made it to the Sequim Supercharger grand opening yesterday. Like a dork, I didn't take any pictures. I wish I would have. There was probably 100 local there, the Manager of the Holiday Inn Express who owns the land where the supercharger is at, the owner of the Black Bear Diner (who provided sandwiches, chips, drinks and champagne), the leaders of the Sequim Chamber of Commerce and a bevy of other political movers and shakers.

I came up from the Aberdeen Supercharger in my S70D with no worries. Drove up the canal side both ways. I wasn't sure if I could make it on the coast side of the Olympics, as that route is longer and takes an extra hour.

I also ate lunch afterwards at the Black Bear Diner. Restaurant is similar to a Denny's. The restaurant is on the other side of the hotel, within easy walking distance. Had a soup and sandwich. Good food.

You ALL had frunks and trunks open?! Oh no. At least one of you has to set the suspension low and close up the car, so they can admire the appearance.

Just kidding, mostly, although I do try to do that whenever showing my car with another Model S or two.

I am really impressed by how many local non-owners showed up; I'm glad you owners were there to show off the cars. (I had it on my calendar and thought about coming; but I had just gotten back from Cannon Beach the night before and wasn't really in the mood for more driving).

I was also there, the timing worked out perfectly as I was attending a family reunion near Sequim. I was able to provide rides for a few family members as well. It was good to see the other owners and talk to the owner of the hotel and restaurant, nice guy. Thanks to the Supercharger expansion the places we can go continues to grow.

Kudos to the Sequim Chamber of Commerce, the Holiday Inn Express and the Black Bear Diner for providing a model for all Superchargers! Should I ever go to another one of these, I would be sure to make up some business cards with my referral code! There must have been a dozen people sitting in the driver's seat as I was charging up getting the "Tesla experience"!

Sequim Holiday Inn installs Tesla Supercharger station | Peninsula Daily News

FYI- was at Sequim today -9/25/2018 Stall 3B was inoperative. Moved over to Stall 2B and had no issues, peaked about 90KW ( my SOC was about 100 miles) The markings on the Stalls are pretty much gone, but I was able to figure out which one was which. I phoned it in to Tesla, I was on hold for 10 min (almost as long as I was there to charge) They must be slammed with calls due to all the Model 3's being delivered and people having to learn how to use them-

FYI- was at Sequim today -9/25/2018 Stall 3B was inoperative. Moved over to Stall 2B and had no issues, peaked about 90KW ( my SOC was about 100 miles) The markings on the Stalls are pretty much gone, but I was able to figure out which one was which. I phoned it in to Tesla, I was on hold for 10 min (almost as long as I was there to charge) They must be slammed with calls due to all the Model 3's being delivered and people having to learn how to use them-
10 minutes is good as of late. I'm usually hanging up after waiting on hold for 15 minutes. I can only handle the crappy hold music for so long.

IMG_20190728_113549484.jpg

Notice posted at the Holiday Inn where the SC is located. Probably will affect access to the site.

Stopped here over Labor Day weekend and all seemed in order. All of the stall lettering had come off so it was hard to tell which person I was about to slow down when I showed up.

Also there is a single front-in charger on the end for anyone who is towing/has bikes.

Reactions: goneskiian