Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn’t this selling stolen property @jjrandorin ??

Im not a moderator for this section. With that being said, reading this thread, there is no proof of where this item came from or not. You can always report a thread, which will always contact moderators who have access to take action, if action is warranted. I dont see proof here, but you can report the thread if you have some and let a mod for this section know.

Im not a moderator for this section. With that being said, reading this thread, there is no proof of where this item came from or not. You can always report a thread, which will always contact moderators who have access to take action, if action is warranted. I dont see proof here, but you can report the thread if you have some and let a mod for this section know.

How could someone legitimately own one? They are all owned by Tesla and they dont appear to sell them.

How could someone legitimately own one? They are all owned by Tesla and they dont appear to sell them.

What you, or I, or anyone else "think" is not relevant. What is able to be proved, is. I have no idea where it came from, but accusing someone of theft without proof is wrong (my opinion), and could be seen as harassing, without proof.

To play some devils advocate there could be many scenarios where extra shells could get into the market. Unnoticeable manufacturing defects could cause them to be discarded and the garbage man could've kept them. Or a shipment of these to a supercharger construction site could've been legitimately lost and replacements were sent - these are big enough but probably cheap enough to make where it's cheaper to just throw away than to ship them back and another garbage man thought they were cool and kept a few.

No. But they should because they could make a killing.
This needs to be another Boring Company merch item.

To play some devils advocate there could be many scenarios where extra shells could get into the market. Unnoticeable manufacturing defects could cause them to be discarded and the garbage man could've kept them. Or a shipment of these to a supercharger construction site could've been legitimately lost and replacements were sent - these are big enough but probably cheap enough to make where it's cheaper to just throw away than to ship them back and another garbage man thought they were cool and kept a few.

This needs to be another Boring Company merch item.
For real haha! Or a fundraiser to speed up cybertruck production.

Reactions: zhu-
I don't care at all, but do they have an expectation that you'll destroy these? They bring Tesla.

I have an electrical friend who does cable laying and splicing. They expect them to toss all scrap, but the employees keep the scrap and taken it in for $.

Neither situation is illegal, but their are expectations as a contractor. Not sure if you're meeting those expectations...just curious :)

I don't care at all, but do they have an expectation that you'll destroy these? They bring Tesla.

I have an electrical friend who does cable laying and splicing. They expect them to toss all scrap, but the employees keep the scrap and taken it in for $.

Neither situation is illegal, but their are expectations as a contractor. Not sure if you're meeting those expectations...just curious :)
I'm not an electrician I just know that was how these were obtained. I would guess that if Tesla really didn't want these floating around they would be pretty strict on how they get them back.