Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Silverthorne, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly off-topic, but has anyone tried the Electrify America chargers in Frisco with an adapter? Could they be used as a backup for when these SC are full/inoperable?
I believe they only have one CHAdeMO plug there. You could use it with the $400 Tesla CHAdeMO adapter but it would only charge at up to 50 kW. That's a lot slower than a typical Supercharger charging session but would be better than a level 2 charge.

If Tesla ever comes out with a CCS adapter, you could charge at any of the 4 CCS plugs.

I’m assuming it’s a replacement of V2’s for V3 or an entirely new station. They probably have enough charging session data to know its always a packed station.
It's odd as they just added 4 more v2 stations. If they were going to upgrade the existing location to v3, you'd think they would've added 4 v3 and then eventually converted the other 8 over to v3.

Reactions: Kirbster
It's odd as they just added 4 more v2 stations. If they were going to upgrade the existing location to v3, you'd think they would've added 4 v3 and then eventually converted the other 8 over to v3.
I agree that was odd why add two v2 cabinets when they could have added one v3 cabinet for those 4 stalls. I wonder if power coming in has something to do with it since I feel like even in summer it’s always slow.

Reactions: CO_MY
We tried to charge our S100D at this location this morning and none of the 3 Superchargers that we tried worked. We received a notification in the vehicle that the "Charge cable not fully secured. Please adjust the connection to improve charging." We tried but couldn't get it to work. In the app, it showed like it was plugged into a destination charger. It is cold in Silverthorne this morning (27F) but we've charged in much colder weather without difficulties in the past. Hopefully it wasn't just user error.

We'll try again later this afternoon...or probably just use the Ruby Ranch Road location down the street.

• Informative
Reactions: CO_MY
03BB2879-1725-40F7-B564-4BB3BAD6BC88.jpeg

Cold weather superchargers really need a different method to reattach the cables to the stall. Over half of the connectors are stuck in the snow because they’re too solid in 10 degree weather for that little clip to hold them.