TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Springfield, MO

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by efusco, Apr 15, 2016.

1. NotMandatory

NotMandatory Member

2. wabbit

wabbit Member

ditto bad link

3. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

• Informative x 1
  4. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  5. bluefuego

bluefuego Member

Thanks efusco! Husband and I are looking forward to going down to Maumelle (from STL) for Thanksgiving. It's a race between Springfield and Memphis to see which supercharger will be available for that trip.

Is the Nov 18 event still on track? I would love to try to come down if the supercharger is operational.

6. efusco

I stopped by again today. The Macadoodles is OPEN! The superchargers are accessible (no stripes painted yet) and appears to be complete other than fencing around the charger cabinets and there is not yet a meter attached to the transformer. Thus, I was unable to charge today. New photos from parking lot level today.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskGSXNKR

• Like x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  7. Jdcleary

Jdcleary Member

I called Macadoodles and asked if the Tesla Superchargers were operational. The lady confidently responded with "yes, they are operational". Could this be true? They don't show up in my car.

8. efusco

It could be true, but they were not 2 days ago. I don't know if/when I'll be able to check on that. If you look at my pix there was no meter on the transformer yet.

9. b_riedy

b_riedy Member

Drove by today. Don't think they are fully open, but they had a Model S there and it looked like they were testing charging at the different stations. Additionally, electricians were on site and they were working on one of the charging stations.

10. efusco

Springfield Supercharger is activated!!!

Also, a friend in Joplin told me that the Supercharger there is near completion and may be activated any day now! It is located near the Sam's Club and is visible from the road on Rangeline just North of I-44. This is great news!

• Like x 4
  11. Jdcleary

Jdcleary Member

Great News!!!
    Joplin good be another great stop on the way to K.C. especially in winter.
    How did Joplin get hidden? Perhaps there is hope for I-40 through Arkansas.

12. mjwellman

mjwellman Member

Springfield is completed? Wow. That's great since I'm traveling thru there tomorrow on the way home to Texas. Joplin is also great news. I had no idea they were building one there. Now if they can start to build some SC in Arkansas.

13. brutewolf

brutewolf Member

It is now active on the Tesla website with the typo "Superchager".

Evan, is there an actual place to eat there? Sounds like Joplin and Rolla will be the dining spots, while Springfield will be the alcohol break. ;-)

14. brutewolf

brutewolf Member

It still hasn't been pushed onto the navigation, at least not on my vehicle.

15. randy1077

randy1077 Model X60->75 Vin 180XX. Model 3 Vin 074XX

Is there one under construction in Joplin? This is the first I have heard of this.

16. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2019.16.2

• Like x 1
  17. Vizir

Vizir Member

Charged up on the way to Chicago.

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
  18. efusco

Sort of, Tropical Smoothie is there, there's a Village in close by, and if you want to brave crossing the interstate via the overpass there are lots of good places to eat, but it's a hike (probably 1/2 mile).

19. efusco

The grand opening/ribbon cutting went great today! At one point we had a dozen Teslas out there including one poor soul who was traveling cross country from Kentucky to San Francisco and happened upon us near the peak of the event. Tim O'Reilly is a huge Tesla fan and entrepreneur who built the Macadoodles and brought in the supercharger was there with his wife and her Model X. There was a live newscast, and the article I'll like below from print media. I sure appreciate everyone that made it out. We even had a Tesla person there with a Model S.

http://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/ozarks/2016/11/18/new-macadoodles-tesla-car-supercharging-station-now-open-citys-north-side/94023110/

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  20. jvonbokel

jvonbokel John VonBokel

There's a Waffle House just on the other side of the Macadoodles. I ate there Monday morning around 1:30am.